Genoa records 1859 to 1866

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
jbayardo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 Mar 2023, 01:09

Genoa records 1859 to 1866

Post by jbayardo »

Hello!

I am looking for birth records for an ancestor born in either Cogorno or Lavagna, Genoa between 1860 to 1862. Her name was Luigia Senno, and her parents were Andrea Senno and Angela Raffo. Looking at the records available in FamilySearch (images, genealogies, records, and catalog), it seems there's nothing from Genoa at all between 1860 to 1865.

When I look at the Antenati Portal ( https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/archivi ... 2/?lang=en ), it appears there are no records from 1859 to 1866.

Does anyone have an idea where I might be able to find more information?
Post Reply