Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
-
csalamone1
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 14 Apr 2023, 02:21
Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
Hi All. I'm trying to find my great grandfather's birth record. I *think* that I have found the correct source document, but need some help reading it to hopefully get me over the finish line. I'm thinking this is the correct source document (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817) and I *think* his listing is on page 2173 (3rd column in, first line).
His name was Carmelo Salamone, born 10/28/1892 in Aragona, Sicily. If anyone who is more familiar reading these documents would be willing to lend a hard, I'd very much appreciate your assistance. Thanks all. Kind regards.
His name was Carmelo Salamone, born 10/28/1892 in Aragona, Sicily. If anyone who is more familiar reading these documents would be willing to lend a hard, I'd very much appreciate your assistance. Thanks all. Kind regards.
Re: Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
Here the record #166:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
Carmelo Salamone was born on March 13, 1892 in Aragona (Agrigento) in via Alaimo. Father: Filippo, 28 years old, butcher. Mother: Rosa Sprio, seamstress, wife of Filippo.
Here the baptism #245 (March 14):
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
Carmelo Salamone was born on March 13, 1892 in Aragona (Agrigento) in via Alaimo. Father: Filippo, 28 years old, butcher. Mother: Rosa Sprio, seamstress, wife of Filippo.
Here the baptism #245 (March 14):
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
Marriage record #20 for Filippo Salamone and Rosa Sprio. May 24, 1889 in Aragona
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
Marriage in church #20, May 26, 1889.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
csalamone1
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 14 Apr 2023, 02:21
Re: Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
Mmogno, thank you very much! Unfortunately for me, that is not the Carmelo Salamone that I am looking for. Do you have any suggestions for a next best search method? I’m thinking maybe I’ll go line by line through the 1892 index and look for another Carmelo.
Thanks again,
Carl
Thanks again,
Carl
Re: Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
What secure information do you have about the Carmelo Salamone you are looking for?
Parents' names?
Date of birth?
Place of birth?
Parents' names?
Date of birth?
Place of birth?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
csalamone1
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 14 Apr 2023, 02:21
Re: Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
Mmogno, I'm looking for a birth record to use in a Jure Sanguinis citizenship application. I'm thinking this will be my last piece of required documentation. I have all documentation on the U.S. side of his immigration.
The Carmelo Salamone that I am looking for was named Carmelo Dominic Salamone, born 10/28/1892 in Aragona (As stated on his death certificate). His parents' names were Carmelo Salamone (Born 11/23/1862 in Aragona as recorded on his death certificate, I do not have actual birth record) and Marghertia/Margaret/Margurite Cacciatore (Born 1862 in Italy, assuming Aragona, missing exact date and also missing actual birth record).
Thank you for any guidance!
The Carmelo Salamone that I am looking for was named Carmelo Dominic Salamone, born 10/28/1892 in Aragona (As stated on his death certificate). His parents' names were Carmelo Salamone (Born 11/23/1862 in Aragona as recorded on his death certificate, I do not have actual birth record) and Marghertia/Margaret/Margurite Cacciatore (Born 1862 in Italy, assuming Aragona, missing exact date and also missing actual birth record).
Thank you for any guidance!
Re: Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
Carmelo SALAMONE's birth on Nov 9, 1891 at Salita Rosario in Aragona. Registration #440 on Nov 13, 1891.
Father: Carmelo Salamone, 28 yo, butcher.
Mother: Margherita Cacciatore.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
Ellis Island
Passenger Record: Salamone, Carmelo
Passenger ID: 102119130268
Frame: 275
Line Number: 30
SHIP NAME:Europa
ARRIVAL DATE: October 28th, 1907
Port of Departure: Napoli
Line #30
https://assets-heritage.statueofliberty ... 270276.jpg
https://assets-heritage.statueofliberty ... 270275.jpg
Father: Carmelo Salamone, 28 yo, butcher.
Mother: Margherita Cacciatore.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
Ellis Island
Passenger Record: Salamone, Carmelo
Passenger ID: 102119130268
Frame: 275
Line Number: 30
SHIP NAME:Europa
ARRIVAL DATE: October 28th, 1907
Port of Departure: Napoli
Line #30
https://assets-heritage.statueofliberty ... 270276.jpg
https://assets-heritage.statueofliberty ... 270275.jpg
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
Marriage for Carmelo Salamone (22 yo, son of late Filippo) and Margherita Cacciatore (16 yo). Record #2, on Jan 10, 1885
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
Baptism #445 for Carmelo Maria SALAMONE on Oct 30, 1891. Birth on Oct 29 (!). Parents: Carmelo (son of Filippo) and Margherita Cacciatore.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
Baptism #445 for Carmelo Maria SALAMONE on Oct 30, 1891. Birth on Oct 29 (!). Parents: Carmelo (son of Filippo) and Margherita Cacciatore.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
csalamone1
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 14 Apr 2023, 02:21
Re: Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
Mmogno, you work magic! Thank you!! There is no way that I would have been able to dig these records up. One question for you - the records appear to be the correct records, yet the baptism would have occurred prior to the birth? Is it common for the dates on these records to be less than exact?
Again, thank you!
Carl
Again, thank you!
Carl
Re: Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
In the baptism record it is written that Carmelo was baptized on October 30, 1891 and that he was born the previous day (i.e. the 29th). Ego ... baptizavi infantem heri hora 14 natum ...
This is the real date.
The father made the registration in the town hall on November 13, but he should have done it within 10 days of the Carmelo's birth. So he declared a false date of birth (the 9th).
This is the real date.
The father made the registration in the town hall on November 13, but he should have done it within 10 days of the Carmelo's birth. So he declared a false date of birth (the 9th).
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
csalamone1
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 14 Apr 2023, 02:21
Re: Seeking Help With Atti di Nascita
Excellent. Thanks for all of your help. Very much appreciated.
