So I’ve run into an enigma with my paternal GF Onofrio Ciccarello family. Family plot burial records show my paternal GGF Salvatore
Ciccarelli and three other unknown Ciccarelli names…none of which I am aware of but may be other children of Salvatore n sibs of my GF who also immigrated to USA.
GF Onofrio b 5/9/1873 in Montemaggiore Belsito n arrived USA in 1892 thru Ellis Island at age 19.
GGF Salvatore died in USA 4/23/1943. Naturalized in May 1912 after applying in 1888 ?? in Hudson County, NJ. I have a birth date of June 1844 in Montemaggiore Belsito but not sure it’s his real birth date or another Salvatore Ciccarello. If same then he was 99 when died..hard to believe and no other living family members remember him in USA. Married Genuelfa Lucca b 5/20/1848 Montemaggiore Belsito. No other info for Salvatore or wife.
Others in family plot includes Domenico 1874-1906, Nunziata 1878-1908, Arturo 1884-1913. All Ciccarelli last name. These names are not known to any living relatives but all must have died in Hudson County NJ. If children of Salvatore then they must have been born in Montemaggiore Belsito also. I have no clue who these people are nor when they came to USA.
I’m at a loss with these names as no one from family remembers these people or even heard of them. If they are in the family plot they must be relatives.
HELP!
Ciccarello Family Montemaggiore Belsito
Re: Ciccarello Family Montemaggiore Belsito
On Onofrio birth record, Salvatore was 32 old so born on 1841
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Ciccarello Family Montemaggiore Belsito
Thx for that info. So now I know that maybe the Salvatore I think is Onofrio father is incorrect.
Re: Ciccarello Family Montemaggiore Belsito
By marriage record we know that the Salvatore father was Oonofrio.. you are right:
On 26 Feb 1870 #23 in Montemaggiore Belsito
Groom: Salvatore CICCARELLI, single, of adult age, farmer, son of Onofrio and of late Carmela MESI;
Bride: Genueffa LUCA (LUCCA), single, of adult age, seamstress, daughter of Giacomo and of Giuseppa MUNGIA
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
On 26 Feb 1870 #23 in Montemaggiore Belsito
Groom: Salvatore CICCARELLI, single, of adult age, farmer, son of Onofrio and of late Carmela MESI;
Bride: Genueffa LUCA (LUCCA), single, of adult age, seamstress, daughter of Giacomo and of Giuseppa MUNGIA
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Ciccarello Family Montemaggiore Belsito
By marriage ban: Salvatore was born on 2 jun 1844
and Genueffa ( currently this first name is spelled Genoveffa aka Genevieve) was born on 20 May 1848
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
and Genueffa ( currently this first name is spelled Genoveffa aka Genevieve) was born on 20 May 1848
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Ciccarello Family Montemaggiore Belsito
Thx soooo much for proving my GGF Salvatore was born in 1844 and for the marriage info also. I’m still stumped as to how he lived to 99 years old n died in NJ, USA living with his son, Onofrio, my GF. No relatives remember him at all.
I can’t find any immigration info for him from Ellis Island, and my GF immigration in 1892 says he came alone per Ellis Island.
The enigma lives on I guess. I greatly appreciate your help.
I can’t find any immigration info for him from Ellis Island, and my GF immigration in 1892 says he came alone per Ellis Island.
The enigma lives on I guess. I greatly appreciate your help.
Re: Ciccarello Family Montemaggiore Belsito
Me too I cannot find the right Salvatore.. this is one, matching name and residence place but the age is off
https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/pa ... 5pZmVzdCI7
https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/pa ... 5pZmVzdCI7
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Ciccarello Family Montemaggiore Belsito
YES! I’m sure that’s my Salvatore since he came one year after his son Onofrio from the same town, Montemaggiore Belsito. I’ve searched for any Ciccarelli immigration thru Ellis Island after Onofrio 1892 arrival but missed this entry.
The incorrect age is a problem I agree n this Salvatore arrived alone…no wife. Thx soooo much for your help. The search continues!
The incorrect age is a problem I agree n this Salvatore arrived alone…no wife. Thx soooo much for your help. The search continues!
Re: Ciccarello Family Montemaggiore Belsito
happy to help!
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

