Hello. I am applying for dual citizenship but have run into a few snags...
In applying through my father's mother (1948 case) we discovered her Riesi, Italy birth and official birthdays differ. She went by her "real" birthday her entire life 29 Aug 1910, but her record is dated 12 Oct 1910. My attorney tells me I have to have all her subsequent US records changed.
2nd Grandma snag: She was chritened Giovanna Galle, but changed her name when in the US to Jennie and never went by Giovanna again. Attorney tells me I have to have her records amended.
I wrote to Boston and Vermont today to see if I could get some records fixed with the "right" name ... specifically my dad's birth and marriage certificates .... and they told me to go pound sand.
Additionally, her naturalization cert was issued to "Jennie" D'Agostino. Also with the wrong birthday. So I'm told it can't be changed.
Which brings me to scenario #2. Going for Dual Citizenship through my father's father's side
Snag 1: My father's father was born here in the US Pietro Antonio, but went by Peter Joseph (for no apparent reason) his entire life. Birth certificate and his own marriage certificate are good... but we run into the problem again with my dad's birth and marriage certificates.
Going further with Scenario 2, if we can get around problem #1 above....
I have the birth records for my great grandparents on that side. Both born in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido, Italy, but need help finding their marriage certificate.
Groom: Raffaele D'Agostino, 18 Oct 1875
Bride: Concetta Vettraino, 10 Mar 1879
Date of Marriage: 4 or 6 FEB 1901
Sant'Elia Fiumerapido, Italy
Their Parents are:
Luigi D'Agostino & Cherubina Lanni
Francesco Vettraino & Anelantonia Tomolillo
Any help is appreciated!
Thank you,
Karen
