Salvatore Padrenostro born 18 sept 1872 sicilia left 1895 looking for inforamtion

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
DrRexMangirca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 05 Apr 2023, 11:14

Salvatore Padrenostro born 18 sept 1872 sicilia left 1895 looking for inforamtion

Post by DrRexMangirca »

I'm looking for information about: "I got a marriage permit in St. Mary, Louisiana, on April 27, 1915,
where his daughter, Maria Padrenostra, married Antonio Mangiaracina, whose father's name is
Salvatore Padrenostro and Alvina
He died in Westfleid, NY, on May 27, 1954, along with his wife, Bertrice Paternosh.

Now I know his date. birth 18 spet 1872 immigration 9 jun 1895 to New Orleans, Louisiana
. now the children are charles born 1896, second maria 1998,both born in saint mary Louisiana.. 

looking ship Manifest from Sicliy in 1894–1896 with Savaltore Padrenostro and Alvina.

He claims he got the boat from palermo .

Now the spelling could be paternostro or padrenostro;
I found both in Corelione, but at the time I was missing the first and second child.
I have not found any marriages yet in Sicily or the US.
If you know anything, send it to me, please. My mind can research and check it fast. also i on sicily
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Salvatore Padrenostro born 18 sept 1872 sicilia left 1895 looking for inforamtion

Post by suanj »

The right surname spelling is PATERNOSTRO. Here the family on 1920 census and the couple having these children:

Charley Paternostia, Jack Paternostia, Angeline Paternostia, Joe Paternostia, Lucy Paternostia, Mathila Paternostia, Jennie Paternostia, Laura Paternostia (PATERNOSTRO right spelling)
abt the wife, Alvina, probably right first name could be Albina in italian spelling
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AMVW9-HWZ

I believe that Albina maiden name was Morello. I believe that Beatrice was the first name used in USA, who know?
On 1910 census, Charles Paternostro lived with maternal grandparents. Jack Morello and Nellie Morello.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AMPBH-2CW

But they had other child, one was Lawrence Morello born on 21 Nov 1893 in Corleone:


Nome: Lawrence Morello
[Lawrence Morella]
Razza: Caucasian (Europoide)
Stato civile: Single (Singolo)
Data nascita: 21 Nov 1893
Luogo di nascita: Italy
Data residenza: 1917-1918
Luogo di residenza: St Mary County (St Mary), Louisiana, USA (Stati Uniti)
Corporatura: Medium
Altezza: Medium
Colore dei capelli: Dark Brown
Colore degli occhi: Brown

here the birth records, so son of Giacomo (Jack) Morello and of Gaetana (Gaetanella diminutive, shorted in Nellie) Lampo, born in Corleone on 21 Nov 1893 #535 https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
so my suggestion is that Albina maiden name was Morello. You can search her birth in civil records or church records as a well a probable marriage. I don't saw the ship's manifest so I don't know her age and if listed as wife of Salvatore..
Maybe helpful, regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply