Hi there. I stumbled across this site whilst aimlessly searching for ancestry information. I found a similar thread about San Martino.
The little I know about my birth family is that my mother was from San Martino - no reference to which San Martino unfortunately. My father was from Passiria which may be a reference to Passeier in South Tyrol.
Would anyone have any idea on where to start? I’m specifically trying to find birth records. Many thanks
San Martino
Re: San Martino
Whilst waiting for my post to be approved I thought I'd put some extra info on here. My birth mother's name is Hildegard Gufler. DOB 23.12.1944. Her father was Ignacio Gufler.
She came to the UK on 3.7.1965 and lived in London as an au pair at 75, Sherningham, St Johns’ Wood, NW8. She got pregnant on a trip back to Italy in Jan 1966 and was housed at St Pelagia's Home for destitute girls until my birth.
She came to the UK on 3.7.1965 and lived in London as an au pair at 75, Sherningham, St Johns’ Wood, NW8. She got pregnant on a trip back to Italy in Jan 1966 and was housed at St Pelagia's Home for destitute girls until my birth.
Re: San Martino
In South Tirol, Italy, does exist the town of San Martino in Passiria:
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Martino_in_Passiria
so, you might want to request her birth certificate there.
Contacts:
Comune San Martino in Passiria
Via del villaggio n. 6
I-39010 San Martino in Passiria
+39 0473 499 300
+39 0473 499 320
info@stmp.it
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Martino_in_Passiria
so, you might want to request her birth certificate there.
Contacts:
Comune San Martino in Passiria
Via del villaggio n. 6
I-39010 San Martino in Passiria
+39 0473 499 300
+39 0473 499 320
info@stmp.it
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: San Martino
Thank you for this. Unfortunately, they tell me that there are no records for her at that comune. Is there any way to search all records, rather than contacting each comune? Thanks
Re: San Martino
Exist also SAN MARTINO IN BADIA, BOLZANO, IT.
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: San Martino
The right spelling of her father first names is: Ignaz.
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: San Martino
Thank you for that information. I however, am still at a loss for where to turn.
I have approached a genealogist who has told me he cannot take the job on but offered no other explanation.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks
I have approached a genealogist who has told me he cannot take the job on but offered no other explanation.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks
Re: San Martino
I've sent you a PM with my email address
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.


