Looking for surname Bartolini. My second great grandfathers name is Secondo b.16 Sep 1871. Secondo is buried in Rhode Island, (where I am from) He was born in Fano Persaro. His father is Ermenegildo b.25 Oct 1842. This is where the wall really starts. I have pictures of them both. Secondo I have good information. Ermenegildo I have practically nothing on him. Secondo has two (2) brothers, Aristide and Romolo. I have nothing on Aristide. Romolo came to America a few years after Secondo. I think Romolo returned to Italy. I am almost certain the roots of the surname are from Fano Pesaro. Any help is appreciated !
thank you
Bill
Bartolini from Fano
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Bartolini from Fano
You need ship manifests to confirm the town of origin.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bartolini from Fano
Hello BillyB. I saw your post and thought I would reach out to you. My family is from Fano and my wife, whose last name is Politi, is related to the Bartolinis from the Fano area. In fact, there are Bartolinis in several areas around Fano. My wife is related to the Bartolinis that live in Mondavio which is about 40 Min from Fano. The other town where there are Bartolinis is Mondolfo, which is 20 min south of Fano. The hospital in the old town centre is Ospedale Bartolini.
We are from Toronto Canada, where there are many people that have their roots in Fano. There are Bartolinis in Toronto who are my wife's cousins. One suggestion I would have for you is to look at the web site: piccioli.com. Roberto Piccioli has put this site together for families from the Mondolfo/Fano area. You will find many Bartolinis on thIs site. Also, look on the Antenati Italian gov't site for Mondavio and Corinaldo. You will find records of the Bartolini family there.
Lastly, if there is anything I can help you with, let me know. At the turn of the 1900's many families came from Fano to NY and settled in the New Haven/ New Britain area of Conn. My grandfather did this and then made his way to Canada and settled in Toronto.
Regards,
Rick
We are from Toronto Canada, where there are many people that have their roots in Fano. There are Bartolinis in Toronto who are my wife's cousins. One suggestion I would have for you is to look at the web site: piccioli.com. Roberto Piccioli has put this site together for families from the Mondolfo/Fano area. You will find many Bartolinis on thIs site. Also, look on the Antenati Italian gov't site for Mondavio and Corinaldo. You will find records of the Bartolini family there.
Lastly, if there is anything I can help you with, let me know. At the turn of the 1900's many families came from Fano to NY and settled in the New Haven/ New Britain area of Conn. My grandfather did this and then made his way to Canada and settled in Toronto.
Regards,
Rick
Re: Bartolini from Fano
Hello Rick
Thank you for your response. I've been "lost in a whirlwind" trying to find something out about my surname. I just tried to "wing it". And you replied!
I've hired a company called Record Click. I got some information about the surname. Yes, we are still from Fano. I know that Secondo and his brother Romolo traveled a few times back and forth. Romolo did more so. His wife was Marjina. I am almost certain that he went back and stayed. They had a child that died at 2yrs of age in Pawtucket, Rhode Island (my home state, I reside in Maine now).
I just received some information this evening about Ermenegildo's parents with evidence. His father is Massimalino and he is from Fano. His wife is Dominica Agostini, from Fano. Massimilano father is Pasquale and his wife is Giulla Tellevi.
It did see a census of Secondo and Romolo living in New Haven Ct. So this is a good sign that families did travel there. I will look further with the Piccioli web site. This kinda sounds familiar. Now that I have some more information to go with, this may work out.
My direct family did all live Pawtucket Rhode Island. Thanks again for your information and reaching out!
Thank you
Bill
Thank you for your response. I've been "lost in a whirlwind" trying to find something out about my surname. I just tried to "wing it". And you replied!
I've hired a company called Record Click. I got some information about the surname. Yes, we are still from Fano. I know that Secondo and his brother Romolo traveled a few times back and forth. Romolo did more so. His wife was Marjina. I am almost certain that he went back and stayed. They had a child that died at 2yrs of age in Pawtucket, Rhode Island (my home state, I reside in Maine now).
I just received some information this evening about Ermenegildo's parents with evidence. His father is Massimalino and he is from Fano. His wife is Dominica Agostini, from Fano. Massimilano father is Pasquale and his wife is Giulla Tellevi.
It did see a census of Secondo and Romolo living in New Haven Ct. So this is a good sign that families did travel there. I will look further with the Piccioli web site. This kinda sounds familiar. Now that I have some more information to go with, this may work out.
My direct family did all live Pawtucket Rhode Island. Thanks again for your information and reaching out!
Thank you
Bill
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Bartolini from Fano
Hello Bill, good to hear from you. Sounds like you have a plan to find more info on the Bartolini Family. Interestingly enough, I am going to a large family party on July 29 and there will be many Bartolini family members there. I will mention you to them. In the meantime, take care and if there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.
Re: Bartolini from Fano
Hi Rick
I went to the piccioli web page. Been to this site before. I thought it was a bit challenging to work. I couldn't find anyone that I don't think is related to me.
I have a public view of my family tree on Ancestry. My researcher gave me a ton of names of the Bartolini surname. I have the photos posted of said: Secondo and Ermenegildo, his wife Anna Catterra. Ermenegildo and Anna never came to the states. His parents are Massimiliano b.1811 and Domenica Agostini b1804. His parents are Pasquale b. 1778 and Giulia Tellevi b.1779.
This is where it stops. No more information was available. However, Secondo was a student/sailor in the Royal Italian Navy about 1895. I am awaiting for the official documents from the Italian archives. I think his brother Romolo and his wife Marjina could be the only connection.
If something comes up that would be great! They or you can find me on Facebook also.
Thanks
Bill
I went to the piccioli web page. Been to this site before. I thought it was a bit challenging to work. I couldn't find anyone that I don't think is related to me.
I have a public view of my family tree on Ancestry. My researcher gave me a ton of names of the Bartolini surname. I have the photos posted of said: Secondo and Ermenegildo, his wife Anna Catterra. Ermenegildo and Anna never came to the states. His parents are Massimiliano b.1811 and Domenica Agostini b1804. His parents are Pasquale b. 1778 and Giulia Tellevi b.1779.
This is where it stops. No more information was available. However, Secondo was a student/sailor in the Royal Italian Navy about 1895. I am awaiting for the official documents from the Italian archives. I think his brother Romolo and his wife Marjina could be the only connection.
If something comes up that would be great! They or you can find me on Facebook also.
Thanks
Bill
