The Scopoliti Family From Calabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
acman319
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: The Scopoliti Family From Calabria

Post by acman319 »

Hey! Thanks for all of your help!! I will definetally use this!
Dmonick is my great-grandfather and Josephine is my great-grandmother. Maria is my Aunt Mary who lives in Florida. I will have to show all of this to her. I already showed my grandmother (Dominick and Josephine's daughter) and she loves it! Thanks again!
Ciao!
acman319
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: The Scopoliti Family From Calabria

Post by acman319 »

jcsm400 wrote:On the 1910 census, it shows immigration year 1904 & his 1st papers for naturalization has been filed. The 1930 census, shows immigration year 1905 & he is naturalized.

Possible manifest information for Domenic Scapellitti?


First Name: Domenico
Last Name: Scapelliti
Ethnicity: South Italy
Last Place of Residence: Campo Cal.
Date of Arrival: Mar 10, 1904
Age at Arrival: 28y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Lombardia
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0009

http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 2502040851

Possible WWI Draft Registration Card.

Dominick Scopellitt
b. 3/26/1886 Italy
Residence: Lockport, NY
Wife: Josephine

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/7664 ... wwi2ui.jpg

Josephine's immigration year is listed as 1920 with daughter Mary b. 1903 Italy. I goofed, birth year should be 1913. :oops:

Let us know what you think.

jcsm
On what website did you use to find my great-grandfather's (Dominick) WWI Draft Registration card? And is there a way I can find WWI resgistration cards from Italy? My great-uncle Natale Princi served in the Italian military during WWI and later moved to Lockport, NY, USA.
Ciao!
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: The Scopoliti Family From Calabria

Post by jcsm400 »

Got the records from ancestry.com. It's a pay site, but they run trials all the time.

I think you can write/email the Central Archive in Italy for military records>>>

http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it/ACS/index.html

Hope it helps.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
acman319
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: The Scopoliti Family From Calabria

Post by acman319 »

jcsm400 wrote:Got the records from ancestry.com. It's a pay site, but they run trials all the time.

I think you can write/email the Central Archive in Italy for military records>>>

http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it/ACS/index.html

Hope it helps.
jcsm
Sorry. I messed that last question up. Natale was my great-great-uncle and he served in the US military during WWI. I know I can get US WWI Draft Records at Ancestry.com, but the problem is, I'm only 16 and I can't afford to be a member so could anybody please help me by finding Natale Princi's WWI Draft Registration Card. I found it on Ancestry.com's search but I couldn't access it because I'm not a paying member. I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks again!
I provided a picture of my great-great-uncle Natale Princi in his WWI uniform too. (I tought it might be interesting)

Image
Ciao!
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: The Scopoliti Family From Calabria

Post by jcsm400 »

Great picture! Here is the draft card.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6715/princiwwi3fo.jpg

If you need anything else from ancestry, just let us know.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: The Scopoliti Family From Calabria

Post by wldspirit »

Glad to see someone your age interested in genealogy.....it's a fantastic hobby..... :wink:

Old family photos such as the one above are priceless........it is a great photo!!!

wldspirit
acman319
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: The Scopoliti Family From Calabria

Post by acman319 »

wldspirit wrote:Glad to see someone your age interested in genealogy.....it's a fantastic hobby..... :wink:

Old family photos such as the one above are priceless........it is a great photo!!!

wldspirit
Yea. I love doing genealogy research! My grandparents love that I'm doing it because they have no clue how to use a computer. lol. I find it very interesting and I have many more pictures of my ancestors that I think are so cool to look at. This research has even taught my own grandparents things about their parents that they didn't even know! This is a great website!
Ciao!
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: The Scopoliti Family From Calabria

Post by wldspirit »

This is the BEST genealogy site on the net.........anything you need, just ask, there is always someone here ready to help out.......happy hunting!!
wldspirit :wink:
acman319
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: The Scopoliti Family From Calabria

Post by acman319 »

I have a question about my realitve Natale Princi (as seen in the posted picture). I can't find him or his wife Grace Princi in the 1930 US Census on Ancestry.com. I know they were married in 1930 and I cant't find them anywhere. Grace is Domenico Scapelliti's (my paternal great-grandfather) sister so her name could be under Grace Scapelliti. I also know that Grace is the Americanized version of her first name. On her gravestone, it says her name is something like "Grazia". Anyways, I can't find either Grace (Scapelliti) Princi or her husband Natale Princi. Can anybody help? Thanks.
Ciao!
Post Reply