Searching for Pasquale Lombardi birth.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
mauri_mrc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 Jun 2019, 05:32

Searching for Pasquale Lombardi birth.

Post by mauri_mrc »

Hi everyone. I'm Mauricio Lombardi from Argentina.

I'm looking for the birth of my great-great-grandfather Pasquale Lombardi. I don't know the city of his birth, and I have very little information :(

In 1899 he married in Argentina at the age of 19, therefore he may have been born in 1879 - 1880.

And his parents were Giuseppe Lombardi, and in argentine records his mother's name appears twice as:

Margherita Ballenotti and Margherita Balmotti.

I try to search her in antenati website but without lucky.

Some tips to continue searching?

Thank you all!
mauri_lombardi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 20 Sep 2023, 00:46

Re: Searching for Pasquale Lombardi birth.

Post by mauri_lombardi »

Anyone?
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Searching for Pasquale Lombardi birth.

Post by mmogno »

Please post the Argentine documents you have. Did you look for the death certificate?

Is this the Pasquale Lombardi that interests you?
Cognome: LOMBARDI
Nome: PASQUALE
Sesso: MASCHILE
Età: 15
Professione: AGRICULTOR
Leggere e scrivere: Sa
Data del viaggio (Sbarco a Buenos Aires): 20-02-1896
Porto di imbarco: GENOVA
Nome nave: ORIONE
Classe: Terza

And Giuseppantonio Lombardi is your Pasquale's father?
Cognome: LOMBARDI
Nome: GIUSEPPANTONIO
Sesso: MASCHILE
Età: 53
Professione: PASTAIO
Leggere e scrivere: Sa
Data del viaggio (Sbarco a Buenos Aires): 20-02-1896
Porto di imbarco: GENOVA
Nome nave: ORIONE
Classe: Terza
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
mauri_lombardi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 20 Sep 2023, 00:46

Re: Searching for Pasquale Lombardi birth.

Post by mauri_lombardi »

mmogno wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 18:32 And Giuseppantonio Lombardi is your Pasquale's father?
Cognome: LOMBARDI
Nome: GIUSEPPANTONIO
Sesso: MASCHILE
Età: 53
Professione: PASTAIO
Leggere e scrivere: Sa
Data del viaggio (Sbarco a Buenos Aires): 20-02-1896
Porto di imbarco: GENOVA
Nome nave: ORIONE
Classe: Terza

No, is not. The father is 32 years old in 1895 (census).
In fact they do not coincide between the arrival date and the census date. I post photos below.

Image


Margarita Lombardi is in fact her married surname. Her last name was "Balmotti / Ballenotti / Ballinotto"
Pascual Lombardi (whose birth certificate I am looking for) also appears.
Juan, Filomena and Maria.

Image

María, baptism 1888. Daughter of José Lombardo and Margarita Ballinotto. Born in Argentina.

Image

Filomena, baptism 1892. Daughter of José Lombardo and Margarita Ballenotti. Born in Argentina

And this is the marriage certificate of Pascual Lombardi in 1899, with Rosa Giordani.
Image

Pascual Lombardi, 19 years old. Son of José Lombardi and Margarita Balmotti. Marriage 1899 with Rosa Giordani, 16 years old.


I have tried to find for variables of Margherita Balmotti, Ballenotti, Ballenotto in antennati, to find her birthplace and maybe there find Pasquale's marriage.

I also try to find Pasquale Lombardi betwen 1879 - 1880 without success.

And here is the birth certificate of my grandfather, Aldo Pascual Lombardi, born in 1938, son of José Lombardi, 29 years old.
Image

I have not yet found the birth certificate of José Lombardi, born in Argentina in 1908 - 1909, son of Pascual Lombardi, but it is easier to obtain here.
mauri_lombardi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 20 Sep 2023, 00:46

Re: Searching for Pasquale Lombardi birth.

Post by mauri_lombardi »

Also to add, in the census Margarita says she has been married to José for 14 years. Which means she got married at 14, a bit strange I think.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Searching for Pasquale Lombardi birth.

Post by mmogno »

mauri_lombardi wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 03:49 Also to add, in the census Margarita says she has been married to José for 16 years. Which means she got married at 12, a bit strange I think.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
mauri_lombardi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 20 Sep 2023, 00:46

Re: Searching for Pasquale Lombardi birth.

Post by mauri_lombardi »

Yes, bad tiping. Even stranger... I don't know what to think and where else search.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Searching for Pasquale Lombardi birth.

Post by Rick Berni »

Hello mauri_lombardi. I am sorry to to insert myself into your research but I had to try and contact you when I saw the name Mauri. I am looking for info on my GGgrandmother Palmina Mauri. She was born in Corinaldo Ancona in 1839. Her parents are Nicola and Teresa Balducci. The family belief is that this Mauri family originally came from the Lake Como area of Lombardia. Is there any chance that you are somehow related to this Mauri family? If you have any info that might be beneficial to my research, could you please contact me in this forum. Any info would be greatly appreciated, since I cannot find any info on this Mauri Family.
mauri_lombardi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 20 Sep 2023, 00:46

Re: Searching for Pasquale Lombardi birth.

Post by mauri_lombardi »

Rick Berni wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 21:49 Hello mauri_lombardi. I am sorry to to insert myself into your research but I had to try and contact you when I saw the name Mauri. I am looking for info on my GGgrandmother Palmina Mauri. She was born in Corinaldo Ancona in 1839. Her parents are Nicola and Teresa Balducci. The family belief is that this Mauri family originally came from the Lake Como area of Lombardia. Is there any chance that you are somehow related to this Mauri family? If you have any info that might be beneficial to my research, could you please contact me in this forum. Any info would be greatly appreciated, since I cannot find any info on this Mauri Family.
Hello mate. I'm sorry but no. Actually Mauri is an abbreviation of my first name. Mauricio Lombardi is my name.
So, I hope you have good luck on your research.
Post Reply