Need help in locating ship!
Need help in locating ship!
Need help in locating Joseph Trombatore ship, he was born in Italy (possible Corleone). Joseph birth year Estimated 1871. His wife’s name was Maria Guercia. He died May 18, 1924, in Louisiana. According to his1920 Census he immigrated to US in 1896. Joseph’s parent were Carmelo Trombatore and Carmela Brigarte.
Joseph left his wife and small child (his name also was Joseph Trombatore), in Italy who later immigrated in 1900. I found the ship the child was travelling on S. S. California; it did not list the passengers. Is there any way I can find the S. S. California and its passenger list, to see who the child was traveling with.
Any help or information will be apricated.
Mardi
Joseph left his wife and small child (his name also was Joseph Trombatore), in Italy who later immigrated in 1900. I found the ship the child was travelling on S. S. California; it did not list the passengers. Is there any way I can find the S. S. California and its passenger list, to see who the child was traveling with.
Any help or information will be apricated.
Mardi
Re: Need help in locating ship!
What port did California arrive at?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Need help in locating ship!
Thank you PippoM for reading my post. I believe the port of arrival was New Orleans, LA. That is where the family settled.
Re: Need help in locating ship!
According to the list below, a ship named California did not arrive in the port of New Orleans in the year 1900. Do you have the exact date of the ship arrival?
https://stevemorse.org/cgi-bin/boat.php ... se=orleans
https://stevemorse.org/cgi-bin/boat.php ... se=orleans
Re: Need help in locating ship!
I don’t have the date on Joseph’s, just the year of 1896
CORRECTION …….
On the young child I need to make a correct with his name, on the card it has Carmelo Trumbaturi,age 5, embarked at Palermo S S California, arriving New Orleans October 19, 1901
I sincerely apologize on my error.
CORRECTION …….
On the young child I need to make a correct with his name, on the card it has Carmelo Trumbaturi,age 5, embarked at Palermo S S California, arriving New Orleans October 19, 1901
I sincerely apologize on my error.
Re: Need help in locating ship!
Thanks for the additional info. I don't have a subscription to ancestry.com and am not having any luck finding the passenger list, even with the date, through other means. Hopefully someone else will have better luck.
Erudita
Erudita
Re: Need help in locating ship!
You probably have this info-This is the child Carmelo Trumbaturi's birth record in Corleone. #497, son of Giuseppe age 26, who was living in Corleone, and wife Maria Quercia. (Note that Maria's surname appears to begin with the letter Q and not the letter G in this record. Possibly this will help you locating her on a passenger list, and possibly son Carmelo, since I assume she emigrated with the child. Date of Carmelo's birth was Nov 28, 1895.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
Re: Need help in locating ship!
Erudita74, Thank you for all the information you have sent. I did not have the information on Carmelo Trumbaturi’s birth record in Corleone. Also, the link to stevemorse.org.
Carmelo and his mother are the ones that I am trying to locate the passenger list.
Words can not express enough that you and pippoM have taken the time to help me. Thank you both.
Mardi
Carmelo and his mother are the ones that I am trying to locate the passenger list.
Words can not express enough that you and pippoM have taken the time to help me. Thank you both.
Mardi
Re: Need help in locating ship!
Hi Mardi
I’m glad I located a record for you which you didn’t already have. Hopefully, if you have a subscription to ancestry.com, which I don’t have, you’ll have luck using the stevemorse website, in conjunction with ancestry.com, to view the passenger lists to New Orleans.
Erudita
I’m glad I located a record for you which you didn’t already have. Hopefully, if you have a subscription to ancestry.com, which I don’t have, you’ll have luck using the stevemorse website, in conjunction with ancestry.com, to view the passenger lists to New Orleans.
Erudita
Re: Need help in locating ship!
Hi erudita74
Looking over the Link to Carmelo’s Birth record, I was wondering if you can translate some information for me, since I do not read or understand Italian. I notice there are several names that appear on the document, could tell me what are the names, I would appreciate it. Thank you and have a blessed day.
Mardi
Looking over the Link to Carmelo’s Birth record, I was wondering if you can translate some information for me, since I do not read or understand Italian. I notice there are several names that appear on the document, could tell me what are the names, I would appreciate it. Thank you and have a blessed day.
Mardi
Re: Need help in locating ship!
Mardi
Other than the town official, the only other names are for the 2 men, both peasants in the town, who were witnesses to the declaration of Carmelo’s birth by his father Giuseppe at the town hall.They were Lorenzo Manzano, age 23, and Salvatore Macaluso, age 37. Normally such witnesses were just individuals who hung around at the town hall and served as witnesses as needed. Their relationship to Giuseppe or his wife, if any, is not given in the record.
Erudita
Other than the town official, the only other names are for the 2 men, both peasants in the town, who were witnesses to the declaration of Carmelo’s birth by his father Giuseppe at the town hall.They were Lorenzo Manzano, age 23, and Salvatore Macaluso, age 37. Normally such witnesses were just individuals who hung around at the town hall and served as witnesses as needed. Their relationship to Giuseppe or his wife, if any, is not given in the record.
Erudita

