Petrucelli-Funiciello marriage

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
novamike6130
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 15 Oct 2023, 05:24

Petrucelli-Funiciello marriage

Post by novamike6130 »

I am looking for the marriage of Josephine (Giuseppina?) Rosa Petrucelli and Giovanni Funiciello. I think that they are from the Caserta region. When they and their children came to the United States in 1913, they stated that they were from Terra di Lavoro which I have found out is a very broad geographic term. I cannot narrow it down to the place where they were from or where they were married.

I am attaching a ship record from when they say they returned to the United States. They came to New York but they were heading to Youngstown, Ohio.

4 children are listed:
Maria Grazia, born around 1900.
Antonia, born around 1901
Antonio, born 6 JUN 1903
Filomena, born around 1907


They say that they were born in the United States but they might have actually been born in Italy.

Does anyone know where the surnames Petucelli and Funiciello are from in Italy?
ship_Funiciello_family_19130912_pg2.jpg
ship_Funiciello_family_19130912.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
novamike6130
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 15 Oct 2023, 05:24

Re: Petrucelli-Funiciello marriage

Post by novamike6130 »

Giovanni Funiciello's mother is listed in the Column 11, the name and complete address of nearest relative or friend in county whence alien came. Her name is Giustina Mustranto (I can't make out the surname). Does anyone have any ideas?
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Petrucelli-Funiciello marriage

Post by darkerhorse »

User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Petrucelli-Funiciello marriage

Post by MarcuccioV »

Terra Di Lavoro is basically Casertavecchia. Both surnames are found in the region...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Petrucelli-Funiciello marriage

Post by PippoM »

I've found a ship manifest for one Giovanni Funiciello in 1893.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AJ6YR-HM3

Age should match. This one was from Caserta.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
novamike6130
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 15 Oct 2023, 05:24

Re: Petrucelli-Funiciello marriage

Post by novamike6130 »

Thank you Giuseppe Moccaldi, that ship manifest looks like it is correct.
Post Reply