Records in Artegna - Udine

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
pepecintra
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 17 Oct 2023, 02:25

Records in Artegna - Udine

Post by pepecintra »

I am researching an ancestor that was supposedly born in Artegna, Udine, 1874. I know its Udine for sure, Artegna is a guess... His name was Pietro Antonio Ellaro (or Ellero)

On Portale Antenati, I can only find the entry for Artegna in the Stato Civile Napoleonico (before 1815), but not in the Stato Civile Italiano (after 1871).

My question is, was civil registration from Artegna moved to a nearby comune (I mean,was Artegna considered a district of another municipality)?

Or, to my worst expectations, were the records from Artegna destroyed in the 1976 Earthquake? - I might give up on this ancestor if this was the case... :(
Post Reply