Hi All - I am seeking my great grandfather's (Francesco Vallone) birth records from 1862.
I have found the digitized copy of the record online - and I have written to the comune of Prizzi to obtain a certified copy of the record.
Prizzi responded with a note - they were able to provide me with the marriage certificate that I requested from 1885 of my great parents, but noted that it was not possible to send me the birth records, as they were prior to the comunes civil records in 1866. However, the digital copy of the record exists.
Does anyone have advice on how I can get this record since it is digitized, but Prizzi says they do not have it? I've attached the letter that they sent me back.
Thank you for any advice you may have.
Records from Prizzi, Italy, prior to 1866
Re: Records from Prizzi, Italy, prior to 1866
If the Town Offices do not have the previous registers, it might be necessary to request the certificte from the State Archives.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Records from Prizzi, Italy, prior to 1866
Thank you, Pippo!
I received a notice from Prizzi that they no longer have the documents, and they are stored in the Palermo State Archives. Do you happen to know how to request them from the archives?
I received a notice from Prizzi that they no longer have the documents, and they are stored in the Palermo State Archives. Do you happen to know how to request them from the archives?
Re: Records from Prizzi, Italy, prior to 1866
You'll to write to the Archivio di Stato di Palermo, explaining that you need a certified copy (for citizenship purposes, I guess), as the Municipality of Prizzi doesn't have the registers. Also, attach the note you received from Prizzi. I think you'll have to have it apostilled.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

