Campomenosi surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Njroward
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Oct 2023, 14:48

Re: Campomenosi surname

Post by Njroward »

I am married to a Campomenosi in New Jersey. His Grandfather Angelo Campomenosi owned over a dozen delis in Staten Island NY and a hotel in the Poconos. Very interested in the family tree.
Angela77
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 Nov 2023, 19:53

Re: Campomenosi surname

Post by Angela77 »

Hi, I am just beginning to search for information regarding my paternal grandmother, Catherine Angela Campomenosi. As a child, she emigrated to the United States in the late 1880s. I believe the family lived in the Greenwich Village of New York City. I remember visiting a funeral parlor in Greenwich Village with my father and the owner was a cousin. My grandmother had two sisters, Louisa and Christina and a brother, Milo, but I think Milo was born after they moved to the US. Supposedly, my grandfather had at least one brother, maybe two, who emigrated at the same time. One brother moved to California and shortened the family name to Campo, Campi, and/or Camp. Is it possible that I’m part of the same family as you? I don’t think there are too many Campomenosi left in the US or Italy. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you
Post Reply