Italian born unknown Scottish family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Hayley0811
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 Oct 2023, 12:06

Italian born unknown Scottish family

Post by Hayley0811 »

I am looking for any information on the lamarra family from Scotland (Airdrie), Nicola lamarra and Petronella Spicola/Spigola came from Sant'Elia, Fiumerapido, Frosinone, Lazio, Italy to Scotland they were born about the early 1860s, they had children named
Maria Rosa lamarra
Philomena lamarra
giuseppe lamarra
carminella lamarra
Nicola lamarra
Angelina lamarra
Maria lamarra
Antonio lamarra
giovanella lamarra
all born in Scotland I think Maria Rosa was my great grandmothers biological mother if anyone knows of them it would be helpful.
Hayley0811
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 Oct 2023, 12:06

Re: Italian born unknown Scottish family

Post by Hayley0811 »

.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Italian born unknown Scottish family

Post by PippoM »

You can take a look here:

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... iumerapido

Unfortunately, some registers were lost, and some have an index not ordered by surname.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Hayley0811
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 Oct 2023, 12:06

Re: Italian born unknown Scottish family

Post by Hayley0811 »

My great gran was gave up for adoption, no one ever knew why, I paid for the certificates and found her parents names, I know the lamarra family are still living in Scotland I just can’t find any living relatives and would love to be able to track them down, I have found out a lot of information from scotlands people and then I found a family tree with all the lamarra family on it, but that’s where it ends. Maria Rosa changed her name to Mary lamarra then married a James Lindsay Waddell and had 2 more children, hopefully someone might know something about the family as I can see another man on here looking for info on Nicolai my (3rd great grandfather) and Antoni lamarra.
johnlamarra
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Nov 2024, 19:36

Re: Italian born unknown Scottish family

Post by johnlamarra »

Good evening Hayley0811. I have just found this website and I believe I maybe ??? Able to help with your search. I am also looking for details of my Italian ancestors in particular my great grand father Nicola La Marra and his wife Petronella from Sant’Elia.
Could you contact me?
Hayley0811
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 Oct 2023, 12:06

Re: Italian born unknown Scottish family

Post by Hayley0811 »

johnlamarra wrote: 23 Nov 2024, 19:54 Good evening Hayley0811. I have just found this website and I believe I maybe ??? Able to help with your search. I am also looking for details of my Italian ancestors in particular my great grand father Nicola La Marra and his wife Petronella from Sant’Elia.
Could you contact me?

Hi petronilla and Nicola are my great great grandparents, there daughter Maria Rosa lamarra was my great grans mum but she was given up for adoption, she was born in 1925 in Motherwell Scotland, she was a illegitimate baby probably why she was given up , we have no idea about anything , I only know family names by buying records on Scotland’s people and piecing together family trees
Post Reply