Castaldini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Castaldini

Post by vj »

Maria,
Agree, manifests are great!!!
Maybe a search for Alfieri, Alfiesi, Altieri from the same town on Ellis?
(I tried, I'm having no luck...)
Valarie

additional:
checked it out appears to be ALFIERI :wink:
http://emiliaromagna.indettaglio.it/eng ... i_out.html
type in
ALFI (starts with)
Cento (exact town)
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Castaldini

Post by mfjp »

Hey nice website!! Just linked it...

Maria
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Castaldini

Post by mfjp »

nuccia wrote:Does this look like your family?

1910 United States Federal Census Record....
Household Members:
Name Age
Angelo Castaldine 38
Rose Castaldine 33
Mary Castaldine 13
Edith Castaldine 11
Leonard Castaldine 8
Theresa Castaldine 5
Daritt Castaldine 4
Catherine Castaldine 2
Josephine Castaldine 5/12
John Alphonse 19

Nuccia
What if her surname is Alfonsi or something like that... just like the "Alphonse" brother in law mentioned in this census record that Nuccia located... see page 2??
nuccia wrote:My luck..the 1910 census is 2 pages! And boy is it slow for me tonight.

Ok, here goes..

1910 Census Page 1

1910 Census Page 2

Sorry, but I can't link pages right now from the 1920 and 1930 census but I will post the info and perhaps someone else can post them?

Nuccia :cry:
Maria
User avatar
jenknitter
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 18 Jul 2006, 00:00
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Castaldini

Post by jenknitter »

Gosh! You guys are great!!! Thanks so much. Is there any information that you can find actually in Italy?
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Castaldini

Post by jcsm400 »

jenknitter wrote:Gosh! You guys are great!!! Thanks so much. Is there any information that you can find actually in Italy?


I posted that infomation under your other post about churches in Cento.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Castaldini

Post by mfjp »

jenknitter wrote:Is there any information that you can find actually in Italy?
Are you looking for Italian records then?? We don't have access to Italian documents here on the internet...

If you visit your Italian town hall... you could ask for records... each town is different... you could write letters and ask for specific documents...

You could research from a Family History Center.... you can order film of civil records, church records etc... (if they exist) of your town...

For a Family History Center near you...

Film Search

You never answered our questions....

Would you be able to identify the maiden name of Rose?

Can you identify the young man on the census record located for you... (John Alphonse??)

Tons of info has been provided for you...

Do read it carefully... and maybe fill in some blanks for us...


Maria
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Castaldini

Post by mfjp »

jcsm400 wrote:
jenknitter wrote:Gosh! You guys are great!!! Thanks so much. Is there any information that you can find actually in Italy?


I posted that infomation under your other post about churches in Cento.

jcsm
see here

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =5055.html

Maria
User avatar
jenknitter
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 18 Jul 2006, 00:00
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Castaldini

Post by jenknitter »

I am very grateful for the information I have received, and it is a lot. I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. I guess I am just a tad bit greedy. Alphonse is a brother-in-law according to my dad - Rosa's brother. That is all I know, and I didn't know about a brother-in-law at all. My grandmother passed in 2000, along with all her knowledge, though, I don't think she would support my research very much. I think she wanted the past to be the past. I have received promises for more information from her neices and nephews, but no actual information. It has been a few months since I asked, and I have repeated my requests a few times. I have decided I am doing this on my own. They all live in or near Boston, MA, and I am in Portland, Oregon, and way too broke to travel. My knowledge is very limited, unfortunately. I am very glad I found this site.
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Castaldini

Post by mfjp »

jenknitter wrote: I have decided I am doing this on my own.
That's the spirit!!

Do re-post here should you have anymore questions...

Maria
castaldinif
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Aug 2015, 11:28

Re: Castaldini

Post by castaldinif »

Hello. I'm reading very carefully this blog cause may be you're part of the family who moved to USA beginning of last century. Mu name is Fabio Castaldini. I was born in Sant'Agostino ( Ferrara) near Cento. I remember my father Enrico told me about the Castaldini moved in Boston. He told me about the brother of my grandfather Medardo. Unfortunately I have no letters or something that can help me with details. May be he was Angelo with Rosa. it would be very nice to discover this peace of history of our family. in case you read this msg you may reply to faye_it@yahoo.it that is my email. kind regards . Fabio
Post Reply