Italian Roots Help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Italian Roots Help

Post by Cferra »

Right. I still got something. Should my next e-mail be about that? I was thinking I'd ask about Caterina Copolla's sister, Concetta. At least with this we can probably go to a family center. Thanks!
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Italian Roots Help

Post by Cferra »

Friend of mine went to the Family Center the other day and came back with a ton of info for me. Check this out:

We start with MarcAntonio Ferraiolo 1780-1812 San Pietro a Maida. He was married to Marianna Russo 1782-1812 or so.

They had a son Marco Ferraiolo who was born in 1812. He married Domenica Russo (1816 and had the following children:

1. Francesco (1836)
2. Marianna (1838)
3. Caterina Maria (1840) I think she may have died young considering the next person...
4. Caterina (1843)
5. Vincenzo Gregorio Francesco (1847)

Vincenzo Gregorio Frencesco married Domenica Russo (This makes me wonder if she was related to Marianna)

He had Marco in 1868 and it just goes down the line.


She said that the quality of the images were poor. I believe her. She sent me some pics. Yikes. Just updating the thread. I have a feeling some of those kids up there died young. MarcAntonio may have died just after or just before Marco was born.

Just need to find info on a few people though.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Italian Roots Help

Post by adelfio »

You need the marriage record of Vincenzo Ferraiolo and Caterina Campisano to tie the old records together which since Marco Ferraiolo their son was was born in 1868 its before that year you will have to ask your friend in San Pietro a Maida. The Family History Center does not have those years in the online records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Italian Roots Help

Post by Cferra »

I know, dude. I'm working on it.
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Italian Roots Help

Post by Cferra »

I talked to the commune office again this afternoon and here is the info they gave me:

1. Vincenzo Ferraiolo's brother Paolo was born August 20th, 1896 in San Pietro a Maida. He married Maria Elisabetta Azzarito on October 14th, 1916.

2. Vincenzo's sister, Concetta was born October 9th, 1912 and married Giuseppe Aleardi on January 14th, 1941.

3. Concetta Coppola and by proxy Caterina is the daughter of Paolo Coppola aged 39 at the time of Concetta's birth in 1882. This puts his birth around 1843. And Rosa Suverato aged 38 years putting her birth in 1844.

4. The parents of Antonio Tommaso Tedesco being Tommaso Tedesco and Angela Gatto. No dates given.

They asked if I needed anything else. I asked about the marriage of Vincenzo and Caterina. =)
sukosuke
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 Jan 2024, 21:22

Re: Italian Roots Help

Post by sukosuke »

I've joined my Grandmother in efforts to find information on our Forgione family originating in Gesualdo (From Nunziante Forgione) and she's done amazing work already over the years. My hope is to achieve an Italian passport, but to enjoy learning about all of those people who came before us.

In one of your replies, you mentioned the Gesualdo Genie as a resource. Can you elaborate on this? What is it and what kind of records they have? I tried doing a google search and the only thing I found was GENi.com, another ancestry site.
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Italian Roots Help

Post by Cferra »

Hi there, Sukosuke.

I'm not an active user here anymore. I'll do my best to answer any questions. If you need more help, look for Ferraiolo-2 on Wikitree.com. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

GesualdoGenie is a user on Ancestry.com. She has been working on a tree for decades. She single handedly researched the town of Gesualdo, Frigento and Grottaminarda. She scanned the records and put them on her tree. Alternatively, you can find the same records on Antenati, the Italian government's repository for Italian birth, marriage and death records.

You can find Gesualdogenie by searching for her in the user database. If you need a link to her tree, I'll gladly provide one. Thanks for your time.

Chris
Post Reply