Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

PianosiDiFano, Here are Giuseppe Perlini and Albina Vagnini's children.

Attilio Oct 27,!890
Ermelinda July 26,1894- She married Getullio Bernacchia my great uncle.
Anna Feb 25, 1896-Married a Rovinelli
Maria Feb 25, 1898- Your great grandmother who married Biondi
Cesira Sept 2, 1901
Augusto March 28,1905
PianosiDiFano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 02:48

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by PianosiDiFano »

Thanks for that info!
Is it passed down or is it documented?
I wont be getting rid of up the hill as it is a very valuable book and it also has many pages containing quotes and pictures of my grandparents. I'll check the book for these people, my father says he very much remembers the name Bernacchia.
I'll contact you over the private messaging system
PianosiDiFano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 02:48

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by PianosiDiFano »

I'd also like to update that Mac Biondi did not have any children, so the Mrs. Biondi in Sudbury is probably not through that relationship
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

The Biondi connection could be cousins of Mac though? All the Perlini names were documented by Gordon Brown who is Attilio Perlini's grandson. I don't have the documents but his tree is on Ancestry. So, Gordon is your father's cousin as well, since Attilio and Maria are brother and sister. He lives in Houston Texas. Ron Falcioni gave me a partial print out of the tree.
PianosiDiFano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 02:48

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by PianosiDiFano »

I have actually contacted Mr. Brown about his tree in the past and I've seen his tree. His tree lists Albina as the daughter of Antonio and Teresa I believe.
I will contact him to try and find out what information he has on the Bernacchias or Vagninis.
I imagine the Biondi in Sudbury is somehow related to us but I will have to look into my grandmother's tree further. The Biondis in Fano area are also quite a perplexing family.
PianosiDiFano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 02:48

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by PianosiDiFano »

As an addition:
The giuseppe Giuseppe Perlini also born in 1865 turns out to have died in 1866, cementing the Belocchi Giuseppe as the husband of Albina.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

When I was in Fano the last time, I found out who Albina's parents are. I don't know where Gordon got Antonio and Teresa from. However, I did find documentation that Barbara Tonucci married a Bernacchia but I don't know how Teresa Tonucci is related to Barbara. I do believe though, that Bernacchia is related to Albina Vagnini through the Tonucci connection. I hope that this makes some sense. It really does get complicated sometimes.
Also,and Gordon will have this info. Getullio Bernacchia and Ermelinda Perlini had 4 children. Two of them, Aldo and Elso came to Canada and lived in Sudbury for a while with Attilio Perlini, their uncle. Aldo and Elso are my cousins as well. Your father may know the Bernacchia name because of this?
PianosiDiFano
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 02:48

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by PianosiDiFano »

I wouldn't be surprised if this is how he knows that name. My father knows very little of the family tree but he often remembers surnames when I remind him of them through research. He has no recollection of the name Vagnini, but I imagine his parents probably talked about their Bernacchia relatives a few times.
Today I found an 1841 birth record for an Antonio Bernaccioni, almost definitely a different person but perhaps still worth mentioning. I find the names Uliva, Bernacchia, and Vagnini are often coupled with the names Teresa and Antonio.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

So,Bernacchias and Ulivas married each other several times during the 1800s. There are many of them and I have found and met them in Fano. Also, there are many Bernacchia cousins in Fano from Getullio and Ermelinda Perlini's family. I have met them as well, and they are your cousins since Ermelinda and Maria are sisters. You would enjoy meeting them if you went to Fano.
If you want to give me your grandparents names ,as well as your father's, I can call Ron Falcioni and ask him questions about your family and he also can make a few calls to find info.
Again, if you want to do the private messaging, we can have our own conversation without posting info on this forum.
Dburke
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 28 Feb 2024, 02:53

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Dburke »

I realize that I am responding to a posting from several years ago but perhaps it will get the attention of the original poster and those who replied.

My mother is the last living child of Carlo (born September 2, 1894, died January 31, 1967) and Albina (Cesaroni) Vagnini (born 1900 and died February 16, 1986). My mother has mid stage dementia so many of the details of her family tree are fuzzy. However I do remember her saying that our family is somehow related to the Bernacchia family. The Italian Club in Copper Cliff has plaques on the wall with the founding families and Bernacchia is one of them. The club has recently been sold and I don’t know where all of the items from the club went (which is sad loss of history for the area).

According to a cousin Carlo Vagnini’s parents were Teresa Lucarelli and Antonio Vagnini. They had three children: Carlo, Fortunato and a sister Albina (go figure he marries a woman with the same first name).

I would love to know if those were Carlo’s only siblings and if there is a family tree that outlines this Vagnini family tree both before and after Carlo.

Hope this not only helps others but yields more answers for me. I would love to be able to talk to my mom about her family with an actual family tree in hand.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

Hello Dburke, I have been trying to find the connection between Bernacchia/Vagnini. since 2014. Carlo V visited my GGrandmother Albina Bernacchia in Toronto several times a year. He called her Zia but I don't know how Albina is his aunt.
I am sorry to hear about your mother. I met her and your dad 5-6 years ago in Sudbury. I was trying to get info on our connection. Your mother showed me Carlo's marriage certificate but we were never able to solve anything. I also worked with our cousin Donna Cesaroni on this. The Cesaronis and Bernacchias are related as well.
Dburke
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 28 Feb 2024, 02:53

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Dburke »

Rick, I think I remember my mother mentioning someone asking about some family history. It is just so amazing how many people have identical names and how difficult it has been to make these connections. I have been talking to Donna and she has been sharing some of her information as well. Too many of our family “story tellers” are gone now. The keepers of our history.

Help me to understand how are you related to the Cesaroni’s? I am just starting out with all of this so I appreciate your patience.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Rick Berni »

So, that was probably me asking your mother. I talked to her several times on the phone before I met her in person.
I don't have my chart in front of me but the initial Bernacchia/Cesaroni relationship started when my gggrandfather, Angelo Bernacchia married Palmina Mauri. Erminio Cesaroni, Donna's gggrandfather, married Palmina's sister Anna. My grandfather Enrico came to Sudbury in 1912 and his cousin George(Guerrino) Cesaroni, Donna's grandfather, came to Sudbury I believe in 1914. My grandfather eventually moved to Toronto and so did George shortly after. They were both involved in starting the Marchegian Club in Toronto. You can send private messages on this site. If you want, I will send you my email and we can contact each other this way. Donna has my email and she can give it to you if you want. I left her a phone message stating that I had replied to you on this site.
Dburke
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 28 Feb 2024, 02:53

Re: Bernacchia/Vagnini Families Fano

Post by Dburke »

Great thanks. I will follow up thru email.
Post Reply