Hello all,
I am going to Trani later this year and I'd like to find the streets where my ancestors were living, which are not all existing as of now. Ideally around the year 1900.
Any old plans would help, funnily I could not find any on internet.
Thanks a lot,
Jean-Philippe
Old map of the city of Trani, Puglia
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Old map of the city of Trani, Puglia
If you can tell us the names of the streets, we can try to find their present names.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Old map of the city of Trani, Puglia
Thanks ! Main street I miss is VIA ARSENALE.
Re: Old map of the city of Trani, Puglia
Thanks ! Main street I miss is VIA ARSENALE.
Re: Old map of the city of Trani, Puglia
this address I can't read. Maybe Strada Castello ?
Re: Old map of the city of Trani, Puglia
Please, post the link to this document.
Maybe Strada Cardillo.
Maybe Strada Cardillo.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Old map of the city of Trani, Puglia
According to this article:
https://www.ilgiornaleditrani.net/una-s ... sa-stella/
Via Arsenale was in the port area (an "arsenale" was a place where ships were kept and repaired)
"Vico Arsenale" is now via Nigretti
https://www.google.it/maps/place/Via+Fe ... ?entry=ttu
https://www.ilgiornaleditrani.net/una-s ... sa-stella/
Via Arsenale was in the port area (an "arsenale" was a place where ships were kept and repaired)
"Vico Arsenale" is now via Nigretti
https://www.google.it/maps/place/Via+Fe ... ?entry=ttu
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
