Looking for my family I believe from my research they came from Marche, Ascoli Piceno, Castel di lama. My great great grandfather Saturnino (Saturno, Seburnino colletti) Colletta came to the USA (New Britain, CT) with his wife Annita and two sons my great grandfather Raymond and his brother Dino. On his naturalization paperwork states the kids were born in villa sambuco. Anything helps I'm stuck I don't know where my great great grandfather was born or his wife or their family before them.
Thank you
SURNAME: Colletta
Re: SURNAME: Colletta
Can you provide some possible dates? Of birth? Of immigration?
Can you post the link to the naturalization paperwork you referenced?
T.
Can you post the link to the naturalization paperwork you referenced?
T.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: SURNAME: Colletta
Check out this record I found on the Ancestry mobile app https://www.ancestry.com/sharing/107454 ... 225632227d
S.Colletta
Re: SURNAME: Colletta
I posted the link to his naturalizationTessa78 wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 16:42 Can you provide some possible dates? Of birth? Of immigration?
Can you post the link to the naturalization paperwork you referenced?
T.
S.Colletta
Re: SURNAME: Colletta
Thank you for the additional information.
To give you some clarity on the places mentioned in the naturalization paperwork.
Castorano is a comune (town) in Ascoli Piceno, and borders the town of Castel di Lama. The town referred to for Anita's birth is Villa Sambuco, which MAY BE a village/hamlet (known as a frazione) which belongs to the town of Castel di Lama. Brides were usually married in their hometown, and since the marriage took place in Castel di Lama, I suspect it is somewhere near the town.
However, I am not finding it.
We will see what we can find...
There are no online records of births or marriages available for Castorano or Castel di Lama.
You will probably need to write to the towns to request records.
Some additional documents for you"
Connecticut Military Census from 1917
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ction=view
A US migration record giving his birthplace as Castel di Lama, and leaving his "mother Luceano in Castel di Lama"
This arrival is in Port of Philidelphia in March 1909 on the "Taormina"
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ction=view
His WWI Alien REgistration card (1917)
His wife Anita was still residing in Castel di Lama, Ascoli Piceno.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AKZFZ-X4W
The family in the 1920 US Census in Connecticut
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ction=view
T.
To give you some clarity on the places mentioned in the naturalization paperwork.
Castorano is a comune (town) in Ascoli Piceno, and borders the town of Castel di Lama. The town referred to for Anita's birth is Villa Sambuco, which MAY BE a village/hamlet (known as a frazione) which belongs to the town of Castel di Lama. Brides were usually married in their hometown, and since the marriage took place in Castel di Lama, I suspect it is somewhere near the town.
However, I am not finding it.
We will see what we can find...
There are no online records of births or marriages available for Castorano or Castel di Lama.
You will probably need to write to the towns to request records.
Some additional documents for you"
Connecticut Military Census from 1917
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ction=view
A US migration record giving his birthplace as Castel di Lama, and leaving his "mother Luceano in Castel di Lama"
This arrival is in Port of Philidelphia in March 1909 on the "Taormina"
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ction=view
His WWI Alien REgistration card (1917)
His wife Anita was still residing in Castel di Lama, Ascoli Piceno.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AKZFZ-X4W
The family in the 1920 US Census in Connecticut
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ction=view
T.
Re: SURNAME: Colletta
Here is a link to the listing for "Colletta" in the Italian phone book in Castorano.
I do not see individual persons with that surname listed... but there is a restaurant with "Colletta Brothers" in the name.
Perhaps you could write to them and inquire of possible ancestors.
https://www.paginebianche.it/aziende?qs ... ama%20(AP)
T.
I do not see individual persons with that surname listed... but there is a restaurant with "Colletta Brothers" in the name.
Perhaps you could write to them and inquire of possible ancestors.
https://www.paginebianche.it/aziende?qs ... ama%20(AP)
T.
Re: SURNAME: Colletta
Thank you again I'll look into itTessa78 wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 14:01 Here is a link to the listing for "Colletta" in the Italian phone book in Castorano.
I do not see individual persons with that surname listed... but there is a restaurant with "Colletta Brothers" in the name.
Perhaps you could write to them and inquire of possible ancestors.
https://www.paginebianche.it/aziende?qs ... ama%20(AP)
T.
S.Colletta
Re: SURNAME: Colletta
The Restaurant is unfortunately permanently closed. Their website has been closed down.Tessa78 wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 14:01 Here is a link to the listing for "Colletta" in the Italian phone book in Castorano.
I do not see individual persons with that surname listed... but there is a restaurant with "Colletta Brothers" in the name.
Perhaps you could write to them and inquire of possible ancestors.
https://www.paginebianche.it/aziende?qs ... ama%20(AP)
T.
S.Colletta
