Needing help with this birth certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Smarty2pop

Needing help with this birth certificate

Post by Smarty2pop »

I know Francesco Ippolito was married to Sevita Spichetti, but in this birth certificate Francesco isn't mentioned at the top of the document, but in a paragraph after the wife's name. Having a tough time interpreting this birth certificate.
Attachments
Screenshot_2024-03-29_211714.jpg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Needing help with this birth certificate

Post by Tessa78 »

Nicola Spichetti, 48yo landowner declared the birth of a female child on 19 April to Servita Spichetti, wife of Francesco Ippolito, a railway guard/watchman.
He made the declaration because the birth was at his home, and because the husband was serving on the railway.

T.
Smarty2pop

Post by Smarty2pop »

I don't know how to thank you, this is such a great help. Once again you helped me put a puzzle piece of my family together. Thank you!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Happy to help!

NOTE: Nicola Spichetti's father is deceased Giuseppe.

T.
Smarty2pop

Post by Smarty2pop »

This is a Great help! I was having problems locating Giuseppi's wife (my great, great grandmother) Maria Michela Mascolo. I don't know the customs at the time, would all documents from time of his death on, for her, still be in her maiden name or married? Yet, another possible lead. Thank you so much, every notation helps.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Italian women keep their maiden name.

Also...
This birth took place in Montaguto in the house in Strata Casanuove #56
The parents of the child lived in Bovino.

And...
You have this birth act for Nicola Spichetti in 1844?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 29/LajXOyy

T.
Smarty2pop

Post by Smarty2pop »

Tessa, omg, this is my great Uncle Nichola, not to mention my great great grand parents! I just got in from work and saw this...I'm in tears. My grand parents talked so much about their lives and family in Italy. Both sides of my family are from this region and Foggia. Seeing these documents helps to bring their lives to life for me. Thank you for sending this to me. If you could help me with translation, some words I'm ok with but it can be challenging, I would be forever indebted. Thank you, such a wonderful surprise, thank you, thank you!