Please Help Running Out of Time Finding Carmela Ferrara

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Glopresti1124

Please Help Running Out of Time Finding Carmela Ferrara

Post by Glopresti1124 »

I am praying someone can help me find out what happened to my Great grandmother Carmela Ferrara. I have been working on my family tree for 3 years. I started it when my Father Anthony LoPresti was diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunately, I was unable to located my father's grandmother Carmela Ferrara before he died May 5, 2021. My father was one of 4 boys, the only one remaining is my Uncle Dano LoPresti who is dying, he is 92 years old.

My uncle received a letter 50 years ago about his grandmother Carmela Ferrara. The letter states that Carmela Ferrara was murdered by a woman named Giuseppa Scuderi– Ferrara who was married to Francesco “Frank” Ferrara. Giuseppa Scuderi- Ferrara served only 1 year in prison for killing my great grandmother. I am trying to locate Carmela Ferrara’s death notice, burial site, and any newspaper articles about the woman who murdered her, this is the last piece I need before my uncle dies.

Here is what I know from researching Italian documents: I can provide any documents need to assist with finding her.

My great grandparents are Carmela Ferrara born Feb 6, 1867. Carmela Ferrara’s parents are Salvatore Ferrara Born 1828, died 1878 both in Fantina, Messina, Sicily; and Antonia Sofia (birth and death unknown)

Carmela Ferrara married Antonino LoPresti August 18, 1895 in Fantina Sicily. There is no death information on Carmela Ferrara’s birth certificate or marriage certificate.

Carmela Ferrara and Antonino LoPresti had 2 children, my grandfather Carmelo LoPresti born Aug 1, 1896 in Fantina Sicily; Died in the US Aug 1967 and Antonina LoPresti born in 1906 in Fantina Sicily – Died March 17, 1907 in Fantina Sicily she was 1 years old.

Through my research I cannot find any evidence that Carmela Ferrara ever came to the US.

Antonino LoPresti came to the us in 1906 to work as a laborer he died in an accident On Nov 30, 1906 in Baltimore City, he fell into a sand pit and broke his neck. I have Antonino LoPresti US Death Certificate and Italian Death notice. Carmela Ferrara was notified by the US embassy that her husband had died in the US. I have located Antonino LoPresti Italian Death Notice that states Carmela Ferrara came before the court with a notice from the US about her husbands death, this is how I found out where my great grandfather Antonino LoPresti died and was buried in Baltimore City.

I am trying to locate Carmela Ferrara's Death Certificate, Burial Site and any Newspaper Articles regarding her murder.

I do not know if Carmela Ferrara moved away from Fantina Sicily after her husband and one year old baby girl died. I do know from a ship manifest her son Carmelo LoPresti my grandfather came to the US in 1913 when he was 16 and it says his mother Carmela Ferrara was still in Sicily.

If anyone can help me find her I would be eternally great full, my Uncle doesn't have much time left and i will be devastated if he dies before I find her. I couldn't find her for my dad.

Thank You
Gina LoPresti
MAXMILICI

Re: Please Help Running Out of Time Finding Carmela Ferrara

Post by MAXMILICI »

MAXMILICI

Post by MAXMILICI »

MAXMILICI

Post by MAXMILICI »

Ti sei messa in contatto con il comune di Novara di Sicilia attraverso la mail che ti ho mandato?
Se non hai avuto risposta scrivi a me al seguente indirizzo maxmilici?tiscali.it.
il punto interrogativo è al posto della chiocciola.
La lite che poi è finita in tragedia è sorta per futili motivi le due donne sono venute alle mani per chi delle due doveva irrigare il propio orto per prima.
Glopresti1124

Post by Glopresti1124 »

Oh no! That so terrible. Do you know where died? What city?
How did you find out?
Thank you for helping me.

I want to call my Uncle to tell him but I want to try and wait until I find out where she died and where she is buried.

Thank you so much
Glopresti1124

Post by Glopresti1124 »

I sent to your email a copy of Carmela Ferrara’s Birth Certificate and Marriage maybe they can help you find out the date she died and where she is buried.

These are the same documents I sent to Novara do Sicilia at the email you provided.
MAXMILICI

Post by MAXMILICI »

ciao sei in linea?
MAXMILICI

Post by MAXMILICI »

Ciao non riesco a mettermi in contatto con “ aviano8587 “ in un post del 17 marzo 2014 su questo sito ho letto che cerca notizie di Milici Lorenzo e volevo scambiare con lui informazioni su questa persona , ti sarei grato se riuscissi a mettermi in contatto con lui.
Grazie