Can someone help me translate the birthdates and parents in these marriage records?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Can someone help me translate the birthdates and parents in these marriage records?

Post by erudita74 »

The first marriage record is dated April 27, 1893.

The banns were announced during the Masses on three Sundays and resulted in no canonical/religious impediments to the marriage. The marriage took place in the parish of San Giovanni Apostolo ed Evangelista, the mother church of the town of Sortino.

The groom Sebastiano Pandolfo was the son of deceased Vincenzo (Pandolfo) and Sofia Bongiovanni, spouses of this town of Sortino.

The bride was Nunzia Scollo, the daughter of deceased Sebastiano Scollo and Vincenza Vinci, spouses of this town

Witnesses were (Father) Gaetano Saccuzzo (priest) , and Pietro Vinci
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Can someone help me translate the birthdates and parents in these marriage records?

Post by erudita74 »

the bottom marriage is dated Sept 30, 1873. Banns were on Sundays Aug 17th, 24th, and 31st and resulted in no impediments to the marriage. Marriage in same town and parish as the other record.

Groom: Gaetano Bongiovanni, son of deceased Sebastiano (Bongiovanni) and living Concetta Adorno of this town (Sortino)

Bride: Sebastiana Mure' daughter of deceased Vincenzo Mure' and deceased Vincenza Cappello, spouses of this same town

Witnesses were Vincenzo Vinci and Mauro Marino