Ancestors of Marone Fidani - Porto Civitanova

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Okeden
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jul 2024, 11:29

Ancestors of Marone Fidani - Porto Civitanova

Post by Okeden »

Marone is my Great Grandfather and immigrated to Victoria Australia 15 March 1857. I have complete records since he immigrated to Australia including his two marriages and his eleven children.

My records show that his parents were Antonio Fidani and Carolanie Palucie (Poulareci) (Paluire). Antonio was born in Porto Civitanova, Macerata. I have no details about Carolanie.

If anyone can help steer me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.

Thanks
Bill
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Ancestors of Marone Fidani - Porto Civitanova

Post by PippoM »

There are no civil records for Civitanova before 1870.
Your only chance is to turn to local Parishes.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Ancestors of Marone Fidani - Porto Civitanova

Post by Rick Berni »

Hello Bill,
My name is Enrico(Rick) Berni and I was born in Toronto Canada. My grandfather came from Fano, which is just north of Porto Civitanova. All the immigrants that came from Marche socialized together in Toronto in the 1920"s. I grew up with the Fidani family, who are from Porto Civitanova and I'm very close to them. In fact, I'm going to a family party tomorrow that they are hosting.

Three Fidani brothers came to Toronto and raised their families there. Carlo Fidani came in 1913, Antonio Fidani came in 1914 and Rinaldo came in 1920.I did some research for them and I can tell you that the parents of these brothers are Antonio Fidani and Carolina Paolucci.

I don't know if this helps you at all but I will mention your post when I see the Fidani family tomorrow.

Regards,

Rick
Okeden
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jul 2024, 11:29

Re: Ancestors of Marone Fidani - Porto Civitanova

Post by Okeden »

PippoM wrote: 18 Jul 2024, 22:28 There are no civil records for Civitanova before 1870.
Your only chance is to turn to local Parishes.
Thank you Pippo. At least I now know where to start looking.

Bill Meiers
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Ancestors of Marone Fidani - Porto Civitanova

Post by Rick Berni »

Hello Bill,

I spoke to members of the Fidani family on Sat.They said that they have ancestors who went to Australia and Argentina.

Rick
Okeden
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jul 2024, 11:29

Re: Ancestors of Marone Fidani - Porto Civitanova

Post by Okeden »

Rick Berni wrote: 24 Jul 2024, 15:01 Hello Bill,

I spoke to members of the Fidani family on Sat. They said that they have ancestors who went to Australia and Argentina.

Rick
Hello Rick
Thanks for your second post. I did reply to your original post but I don't see it on the forum. Never mind. Do the Fidani Family have any details of those who went to Argentina and Australia. I probably have most everything about Marone but I have nothing on those who went to Argentina.

Cheers
Bill
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Ancestors of Marone Fidani - Porto Civitanova

Post by Rick Berni »

Hi Bill,

The Fidani family doesn't have anything on Argentina and Australia. I did some searching for one of the family members a while back. The following info is from Buenos Aires. Romulo Carlos Fidani was born April 7 1902. His parents are Pedro Fidani (1870-1929) and Josefa Grassi(1878-1925). Pedro's father is Vincente but I don't have the mother. Also, I have a christening for Matilde Fidani in 1900 Buenos Aires. Her parents are Santigo Fidani and Maria Piconi. You can find manifests for ships going from Italy to Argentina, and other info on Familysearch.org.

The Fidani family has concentrated their search efforts for ancestors in Porto Civitanova and Porto San Georgio Italy. They told me that Antonio Fidani and Carolina Paolucci had 9 children.

I hope this helps Bill.

Regards,

Rick
Okeden
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jul 2024, 11:29

Re: Ancestors of Marone Fidani - Porto Civitanova

Post by Okeden »

Hi Rick

Thanks for all the information mate. Every little bit helps to put it together.

If you or the family learn anymore about Antonio & Carolina (my great, great grandparents I would love to know.

All the best
Bill
Post Reply