Family Details / Birth Certificate
-
falcinella
- Rookie

- Posts: 50
- Joined: 18 Jun 2024, 04:39
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
Hi all, new query line
Giovanni Pietro Falcinella married Martina Pilatti on the 8 June 1824 in Madesimo. Could I please find out details on both of their parents, if available, and any children that they may have had.
Thanking you so much!
Giovanni Pietro Falcinella married Martina Pilatti on the 8 June 1824 in Madesimo. Could I please find out details on both of their parents, if available, and any children that they may have had.
Thanking you so much!
-
falcinella
- Rookie

- Posts: 50
- Joined: 18 Jun 2024, 04:39
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
Hello everyone, I was just after some guidance of what to do next. I am trying to trace the steps of Costante.Farassino wrote: 18 Jun 2024, 12:44 T
Costante born on 25-11-1902
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=993447
Born in Verceia, 1902, we know that he went to South America. I am assuming that he did his compulsory year of service when he turned 21 which would be the year 1923. He was in South America as per my father-in-laws paperwork in 1939. We believe that he went to Argentina.
I have tried looking up ship manifests, census, civil unions etc for Argentina but have come up with nothing. His birth certificate doesn't say he renounced citizenship so maybe he could have even returned back to another area of Italy.
Any suggestions where I could look next?
Thankyou for your help
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
Can you please post your father-in-law's paperwork?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
falcinella
- Rookie

- Posts: 50
- Joined: 18 Jun 2024, 04:39
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
download/file.php?id=14135&mode=view
This was the link to the thread that Angela answered previously
This was the link to the thread that Angela answered previously
-
falcinella
- Rookie

- Posts: 50
- Joined: 18 Jun 2024, 04:39
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
The best place to search for any Australian records would be National Archives of Australia: naa.gov.au
Click on “RecordSearch” and take it from there.
I’ve had a quick search to start you off:
Valentino Falcinella, (dob 10 May 1914), travelled via the Italian ship “Remo” which arrived 1 May 1938 in Fremantle, Perth, W. Australia. Place of birth stated was Sondrio, Italy. He was interned 1940. Naturalised 28 January 1948.
Brothers mentioned in digitised interment documents from 1940 were: Giovanni (Agnew. N.A. maybe W.Australia?), Antonio (Italy), Paolino (Italy), Costante (S. America) There may have been another brother, Battista born 17 April 1905?
You can also search through the digitised documents here but this link possibly will time out:
https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchN ... sting.aspx
Angela’s reply to post for your reference
Click on “RecordSearch” and take it from there.
I’ve had a quick search to start you off:
Valentino Falcinella, (dob 10 May 1914), travelled via the Italian ship “Remo” which arrived 1 May 1938 in Fremantle, Perth, W. Australia. Place of birth stated was Sondrio, Italy. He was interned 1940. Naturalised 28 January 1948.
Brothers mentioned in digitised interment documents from 1940 were: Giovanni (Agnew. N.A. maybe W.Australia?), Antonio (Italy), Paolino (Italy), Costante (S. America) There may have been another brother, Battista born 17 April 1905?
You can also search through the digitised documents here but this link possibly will time out:
https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchN ... sting.aspx
Angela’s reply to post for your reference
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
falcinella wrote: 29 Jul 2024, 13:42 download/file.php?id=14135&mode=view
This was the link to the thread that Angela answered previously
Just to clarify. This document was amongst brother Valentino's 1940 Australian internment documents.
Link to related thread: https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... nt#p340228
falcinella wrote: 29 Jul 2024, 11:42Hello everyone, I was just after some guidance of what to do next. I am trying to trace the steps of Costante.Farassino wrote: 18 Jun 2024, 12:44
Costante born on 25-11-1902
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=993447
Born in Verceia, 1902, we know that he went to South America. I am assuming that he did his compulsory year of service when he turned 21 which would be the year 1923. He was in South America as per my father-in-laws paperwork in 1939. We believe that he went to Argentina.
I have tried looking up ship manifests, census, civil unions etc for Argentina but have come up with nothing. His birth certificate doesn't say he renounced citizenship so maybe he could have even returned back to another area of Italy.
Any suggestions where I could look next?
Thankyou for your help
Are you able to tell us what information you have that leads you to believe he went to Argentina? Dates etc? It helps and saves time to tell us as much as you know and attach supporting documents/links if you have them. Ta.
Angela
-
falcinella
- Rookie

- Posts: 50
- Joined: 18 Jun 2024, 04:39
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
Thanks Angela.
Costante’s father used to go away and work in Argentina and it was always told that Costante had done the same. I can find a trip in 1923 that Pietro had gone aboard the ship Tomaso Di ? But that would have been the same year Costante would have been in service.
I have asked family members here in Australia if they know anything further and they all say what I have already said, that he went to Argentina and never returned back to the family home.
I am not sure if there are still any family left in Verceia.
Thankyou for any help.
Costante’s father used to go away and work in Argentina and it was always told that Costante had done the same. I can find a trip in 1923 that Pietro had gone aboard the ship Tomaso Di ? But that would have been the same year Costante would have been in service.
I have asked family members here in Australia if they know anything further and they all say what I have already said, that he went to Argentina and never returned back to the family home.
I am not sure if there are still any family left in Verceia.
Thankyou for any help.
-
falcinella
- Rookie

- Posts: 50
- Joined: 18 Jun 2024, 04:39
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
Just a quick question, did you need to have visa etc between Italy and Argentina or even Brazil at the time? Some sites say no?
Would he have been recalled for WW2? He would have been 38?
Would he have been recalled for WW2? He would have been 38?
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
falcinella wrote: 29 Jul 2024, 23:53 ...
I can find a trip in 1923 that Pietro had gone aboard the ship Tomaso Di ?
FALCINELLA PAOLO 56 C DESCONOCIDA DESCONOCIDO DESCONOCIDA 1923/11/19 TOMASO DI SAVOIA GENOVA
...
Thankyou for any help.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
As for any military service performed by Constante, you could ask the State Archives of Sondrio for the Ruolo Matricolare.falcinella wrote: 30 Jul 2024, 00:00 ...
Would he have been recalled for WW2? He would have been 38?
https://archiviodistatosondrio.cultura. ... produzioni
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
falcinella
- Rookie

- Posts: 50
- Joined: 18 Jun 2024, 04:39
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
https://www.myheritage.com/research/rec ... amily-tree
Hello again,
In my search for Costante Falcinella, I came across this link on the Geni site. I haven’t been able to confirm anything further and it was last updated in 2014, although I have reached out to the tree manager for information.
It is the closest that I can find but have no idea on dates etc. Any help as to where I could go next would be appreciated
Hello again,
In my search for Costante Falcinella, I came across this link on the Geni site. I haven’t been able to confirm anything further and it was last updated in 2014, although I have reached out to the tree manager for information.
It is the closest that I can find but have no idea on dates etc. Any help as to where I could go next would be appreciated
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
falcinella wrote: 12 Aug 2024, 09:03 https://www.myheritage.com/research/rec ... amily-tree
Hello again,
In my search for Costante Falcinella, I came across this link on the Geni site. I haven’t been able to confirm anything further and it was last updated in 2014, although I have reached out to the tree manager for information.
It is the closest that I can find but have no idea on dates etc. Any help as to where I could go next would be appreciated![]()
The link to the image you posted here requires a subscription to "my heritage" so that maybe why you haven't received a response. Could you please take a screenshot of the image and post it here so that it can be viewed and hopefully someone can help. Thanks.
Angela
-
falcinella
- Rookie

- Posts: 50
- Joined: 18 Jun 2024, 04:39
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
Thankyou Angela.
This is a screenshot of information.
This is a screenshot of information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
falcinella
- Rookie

- Posts: 50
- Joined: 18 Jun 2024, 04:39
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
Some more additional information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Family Details / Birth Certificate
Not sure how helpful this is going to be - I've been sitting on my reply for a while, so here goes:
Thanks for posting these. It’s frustrating that there is only very limited information there. Personally, I’m not convinced that this is your family?
The name Falcionelli is a legitimate name found in Italia as are all the other names there, Radi, Mezzoleni, Pozzi, Messa. All the given names there (Ambrogio, Enrico, Gildo, Ida, Costantino) also are Italian spellings, none have Spanish spellings, which is what I see on two branches of my own tree where ancestors have settled in South America, one in Argentina. I'm not sure that Falcionelli is a mis-spelling of your name Falcinella in this case (although, having said that I do remember seeing a mispelling twice in one of the documents that I read through on the NAA site. (The mispellings had been underlined and were very similar to Falcionelli.)
My suggestion would be to write to the State Archives of Sondrio, as mmogno also suggested. I would ask for the Liste di Leva and any other relevant military records pertaining to Costante Falcinella. You never know what might be noted on even just the Liste di Leva as to his whereabouts.
(From what I’ve read, I’m pretty sure that his father Paolo, would go to Buenos Aires, so I guess Costante would've also.)
Angela
Thanks for posting these. It’s frustrating that there is only very limited information there. Personally, I’m not convinced that this is your family?
The name Falcionelli is a legitimate name found in Italia as are all the other names there, Radi, Mezzoleni, Pozzi, Messa. All the given names there (Ambrogio, Enrico, Gildo, Ida, Costantino) also are Italian spellings, none have Spanish spellings, which is what I see on two branches of my own tree where ancestors have settled in South America, one in Argentina. I'm not sure that Falcionelli is a mis-spelling of your name Falcinella in this case (although, having said that I do remember seeing a mispelling twice in one of the documents that I read through on the NAA site. (The mispellings had been underlined and were very similar to Falcionelli.)
My suggestion would be to write to the State Archives of Sondrio, as mmogno also suggested. I would ask for the Liste di Leva and any other relevant military records pertaining to Costante Falcinella. You never know what might be noted on even just the Liste di Leva as to his whereabouts.
(From what I’ve read, I’m pretty sure that his father Paolo, would go to Buenos Aires, so I guess Costante would've also.)
Angela