Hello!
My great grandmother Rosalia Sgarlata was born in Termini Imerisi, Sicily in 1884. Her parents were Giuseppe and Anna Sgarlata. She had brothers named Giuseppe, Liborio and sisters named Domenica, Maria and Augustina. They are possibly first cousins of Filippo Sgarlata, the sculptor, also from Termini Imerisi. I have no other information about the family and would love to find out more!
thank you
Looking for Sgarlatas Termini Imeresi, Sicily
- stlbirdman
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 19:18
Re: Looking for Sgarlatas Termini Imeresi, Sicily
Welcome to this forum. You may find something helpful on this database
http://www.termini-imerese.org/
http://www.termini-imerese.org/
Re: Looking for Sgarlatas Termini Imeresi, Sicily
also search the surnames on www.familysearch.org
- stlbirdman
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 19:18
Re: Looking for Sgarlatas Termini Imeresi, Sicily
Hello,I came across your post and my last name is Scarlata. Our name was changed at Ellis Island when my Great grandparents arrived. The original name of my great grandfather was spelled with a G instead of a C. Slavatore G Sgarlata then changed to Scarlata. He was married to Josephine Felice and they had I believe 4 children my grandfather being one. I am in search of information on my great grandfather but I cant seem to find anything.
The locations given by ancestry are
Norther sicily,East palermo province, south bagheria
And 23&me shows
Eastern messina
Eleuterio basin
Gulf of Termini Imerese
Mount Etna and simeto basin
So I saw your post and its close to information I have found so far.
Probably no relation but if there is that would be awesome!
The locations given by ancestry are
Norther sicily,East palermo province, south bagheria
And 23&me shows
Eastern messina
Eleuterio basin
Gulf of Termini Imerese
Mount Etna and simeto basin
So I saw your post and its close to information I have found so far.
Probably no relation but if there is that would be awesome!
TcsBlue87
