I've always been fascinated by the cultural differences around the world, and recently I came across the concept that age calculation can vary between different ethnicities. For example, I've heard that in some East Asian cultures, people consider themselves one year old at birth.
Can anyone share more insights or examples of how different ethnicities calculate age? How does this impact societal norms or traditions within those cultures? Looking forward to learning more about this intriguing topic!
How Do Different Ethnicities Calculate Age?
-
riche98432
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 30 Jul 2024, 13:19
Re: How Do Different Ethnicities Calculate Age?
I’m interested in this topic, as my late mother-in-law, whose ancestry was from a town in Campania Province, in Southern Italy, always insisted that, at birth, an infant was already one year old. That age was calculated from the time of conception and not from the time of birth.Yet, I couldn’t determine from those records that that was indeed the case. Just wondering if anyone else has found evidence of this among their records from Southern Italy or even Sicily.
Erudita
Erudita
