I may be headed to Sicily in a week or two and may try to obtain certified birth and marriage records of my great grandparents. I already have the dates, pages, and record numbers from my cousins who just obtained their citizenship from the same jure sanguinis line; I simply need to get my own original certified copies.
Unfortunately after a few months of attempting to contact someone in Mistretta at the Civil Office there is no reply. I'd like to see if I can get the papers while I'm there and if so what documents I need to bring and how long would I need to stay in town to pick them up in person.
I'm also interested in setting up residency in Italy and applying for my recognition which is apparently far faster than hoping that the US Consulates will someday open up their waitlists again (a joke). I would likely begin that next spring or summer and remain there until it is completed.
Any tips or recommendations on contacting Mistretta or info about applying locally in Italy is appreciated.
I had planned this trip for documents and had a consulate appointment set for 2021 and it was cancelled due to COVID. Then they told me I had to get on the waitlist again which is impossible.
Experience with Vital Records in Mistretta, Sicily?
Re: Experience with Vital Records in Mistretta, Sicily?
Hello, I think can write in advance to:
segretario@comune.mistretta.me.it
to request the certificates, and say that you will pick them up in person.
segretario@comune.mistretta.me.it
to request the certificates, and say that you will pick them up in person.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

