Marriage record translation please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
Caesar74
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 115
Joined: 18 Apr 2018, 05:14
Location: Australia

Marriage record translation please

Post by Caesar74 »

Hello,

Can I please have some help with the marriage record for Sebastiano and Teresa.

Does it mention which town Sebastiano's parents are from?

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... g=en&i=244

Many Thanks
Rob
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Marriage record translation please

Post by PippoM »

Hello!
No, it doesn't.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Marriage record translation please

Post by erudita74 »

Pippo

What does it say immediately after Sebastiano’s surname and before the Latin word for “son?)

Erudita
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Marriage record translation please

Post by PippoM »

Erudita, four eyes are better than two! The question was about parents, and I looked only after parents' names...
I think you are right, that might be Com(munitati)s AugusXXX (Augusta, province of Siracusa?), and would be Sebastiano's birth place.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Marriage record translation please

Post by erudita74 »

Hi Pippo

I thought that could be Sebastiano’s town. I was going to guess Augusta in Siracusa Province too, but the ending of the Latin word was questionable to me (felt I couldn’t accurately decipher the ending letters). Anyway, I was sure it was his town name.

Thanks Pippo.

Erudita
Caesar74
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 115
Joined: 18 Apr 2018, 05:14
Location: Australia

Re: Marriage record translation please

Post by Caesar74 »

Thanks Pippo and Erudita, much appreciated.

Regards
Rob
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Marriage record translation please

Post by erudita74 »

Happy to help, Rob.

Erudita
Post Reply