Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
It is also interesting that Felice is not stated as "deceased" on his son Giovanni's marriage in 1909 in Utica...
If they were going back and forth (Italy/Utica), there should be several arrivals for Felice.
T.
If they were going back and forth (Italy/Utica), there should be several arrivals for Felice.
T.
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
I think I may be onto something. I just received word from St. Agnes Cemetery in Utica, which is the same location that Lucia Izzo and Rocco Caputo are buried at. They have a record that he was interred on January 20th 1903 and he died on January 18th, 1903. It lists age 48 so that puts his birth at 1855 in Missanello. Died of Pneumonia. No identification as to where he was buried in the cemetery. The record at St. Agnes also confirms parents Giovanni and Maria Conte which is accurate. That appears to be where he is!!!!
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
I found it in the paper after some digging. Exactly what I expected...spelling error:
Utica
Felice Guerri.
Felice Guerri, who died at his home, 2 Montgomery street, Sunday night, after an illness of two days, with pneumonia, was born in Italy 48 years ago. He came to this country nine years ago, and for the past seven years had resided in this city. He was a laborer by occupation. He is survived by his wife and four children. He was a member of St. Mary’s Church of Mt. Carmel.
Utica
Felice Guerri.
Felice Guerri, who died at his home, 2 Montgomery street, Sunday night, after an illness of two days, with pneumonia, was born in Italy 48 years ago. He came to this country nine years ago, and for the past seven years had resided in this city. He was a laborer by occupation. He is survived by his wife and four children. He was a member of St. Mary’s Church of Mt. Carmel.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
It's nice to have closure.
The family (or at least his widow) may have returned to Italy after his death, which would explain the absence in the 1905 NY State Census and the 1910 US Census.
He may have had a grave marker which has sunken underground over time. That's happened in my family.
The family (or at least his widow) may have returned to Italy after his death, which would explain the absence in the 1905 NY State Census and the 1910 US Census.
He may have had a grave marker which has sunken underground over time. That's happened in my family.
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
@Darkerhorse - They all remained here. They did maintain connections to Missanello because Donata went back to Missanello in 1908 for some time and was in Missanello when her mother Maria Grasso passed away. My G.Grandparents were also in Missanello at that time, however Donata returned in 1922. She lived with her Son Rocco (Felix) and his wife as well as with His wifes mother Carmella. Donata died in 1926 and she is buried at Calvary at the family plot. I took some pics recently and updated the find a grave in hopes that she will never be lost again! https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/269 ... nata-gorea
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
One final question about Felice Guerriero for the group on this particular thread.
WHERE was he born?
I know they married in Missanello and the birth of the children were in Missanello but in all those records it just states Resident of Missanello. The records in the US unfortunately just say Italy. I tried to find Donata and Felice's marriage but not sure what year they married. I did find his his brothers marriage in Missanello https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ng=en&i=85. It appears like his says Rovello???
WHERE was he born?
I know they married in Missanello and the birth of the children were in Missanello but in all those records it just states Resident of Missanello. The records in the US unfortunately just say Italy. I tried to find Donata and Felice's marriage but not sure what year they married. I did find his his brothers marriage in Missanello https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ng=en&i=85. It appears like his says Rovello???
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
One final question about Felice Guerriero for the group on this particular thread.
WHERE was he born?
I know they married in Missanello and the birth of the children were in Missanello but in all those records it just states Resident of Missanello. The records in the US unfortunately just say Italy. I tried to find Donata and Felice's marriage but not sure what year they married.
WHERE was he born?
I know they married in Missanello and the birth of the children were in Missanello but in all those records it just states Resident of Missanello. The records in the US unfortunately just say Italy. I tried to find Donata and Felice's marriage but not sure what year they married.
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
I am thinking if we can find Donata DiPierro born in Missanello in 1855 it may have a notation about the marriage date, and perhaps be able to locate something in those that link back to obtain his birth record.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
Here is a Donata Di Pierro daughter of Leonardo di Pierro and Ippolita Conte, in 1853:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 70/wjazbYm
There is no marriage annotation.
I looked from 1853 to 1859 inclusive.
Angela
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 70/wjazbYm
There is no marriage annotation.
I looked from 1853 to 1859 inclusive.
Angela
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
Publication of marriage banns dated 5 November 1871 (#15)
Felice is age 20y and 5 months, son of deceased Giovanni and of living Maria Conte.
Donata Maria is age 18, daughter of deceased Leonardo, and of living Ippolita Conte.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ng=en&i=54
And...
The marriage (#6) dated 21 November 1871
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ng=en&i=34
T.
Felice is age 20y and 5 months, son of deceased Giovanni and of living Maria Conte.
Donata Maria is age 18, daughter of deceased Leonardo, and of living Ippolita Conte.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ng=en&i=54
And...
The marriage (#6) dated 21 November 1871
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ng=en&i=34
T.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
I followed some clues and worked out Felice's birth place (I hope):
1851 Birth of Felice Guerriero
Felice was born in Castelluccio Inferiore, Potenza, to parents Giovanni Guerriero and Maria Conte.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 08/wl8ZXZ2
Angela
1851 Birth of Felice Guerriero
Felice was born in Castelluccio Inferiore, Potenza, to parents Giovanni Guerriero and Maria Conte.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 08/wl8ZXZ2
Angela
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
I don’t believe this is our Donata. Her parents are Vincenzo and Maria GrassoAngelaGrace56 wrote: 28 May 2025, 08:57 Here is a Donata Di Pierro daughter of Leonardo di Pierro and Ippolita Conte, in 1853:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 70/wjazbYm
There is no marriage annotation.
I looked from 1853 to 1859 inclusive.
Angela
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
Hmmm. Interesting...
Have you looked at the Publicazione and Matrimonio that I posted above for Felice Guerriero and Donata Maria Di Pierro in Missanello in 1871?
Her parents are the same at the birth act posted by AngelaGrace...
Do you have any verification that Donata and Filomena were sisters?
It is possible they were cousins.
T.
Have you looked at the Publicazione and Matrimonio that I posted above for Felice Guerriero and Donata Maria Di Pierro in Missanello in 1871?
Her parents are the same at the birth act posted by AngelaGrace...
Do you have any verification that Donata and Filomena were sisters?
It is possible they were cousins.
T.
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
Just so I am not confused here, @AngelaGrace56, her records show Donatas parents were Leonardo Di Pierro and Ippolita Conte, but Ipolita (Maria) Conte is the name of Felice's mother.
Felice's parents are Giovanni Guerriero and Ipolita Maria Conte
Donata's parents are Vincenzo DiPierro and Maria Grasso
If the records posted above are correct, both Felice and Donata had mothers with the same name?
Felice's parents are Giovanni Guerriero and Ipolita Maria Conte
Donata's parents are Vincenzo DiPierro and Maria Grasso
If the records posted above are correct, both Felice and Donata had mothers with the same name?
-
CaputoBruno
- Veteran

- Posts: 183
- Joined: 03 Oct 2023, 02:09
Re: Felice Guerriero (Felix) and Donata DiPierro (Missanello)
It is possible that Donata and Filomena are 1st cousins....
Filomenas Parents are Maria Grasso and Vincenzo DiPierro, and
IF Donata's parents are deceased Leonardo, and of living Ippolita Conte. This would make Donata and Filomena first cousins.
That said, do you find it strange that Felice's parents are Giovanni Guerriero and Maria Conte???
Filomenas Parents are Maria Grasso and Vincenzo DiPierro, and
IF Donata's parents are deceased Leonardo, and of living Ippolita Conte. This would make Donata and Filomena first cousins.
That said, do you find it strange that Felice's parents are Giovanni Guerriero and Maria Conte???