Polizzi Generosa Birth Records
Polizzi Generosa Birth Records
I have copies of Polizzi Generosa (province of Palermo) birth documents for family members born in the 1880s and 1890s. However, when I try to find these same birth records on Antenati and Family Search, there are no birth records listed for those years. They have records from 1820 to 1858 and from 1911 to 1947. So where did I get the birth records that I have for Polizzi Generosa for the 1880s and 1890s?
Re: Polizzi Generosa Birth Records
Thank you Tessa. I saw the "Termini Immerse" option out of 5 link options given for Palermo and thought that stood for a specific town or city. Therefore I never clicked on it today. Wonder why they divided it up into multi-links instead of putting all the years together.
The first year I went to was 1882 on what you gave me. The birth index appears to be in chronological order instead of alphabetical order by last name. Hate that. I have previously found the birth record of all my grandmother's brothers and sisters (9 total siblings) per what my father (now deceased) gave me over 20 years ago except for a sister, Rosaria Cascio, who he indicated was born in 1885 but it wasn't there. I was planning to re-look at years 1881 and 1882 (her parents, Giuseppe Cascio and Lucia Tranbunella married in 1882).
Ron
The first year I went to was 1882 on what you gave me. The birth index appears to be in chronological order instead of alphabetical order by last name. Hate that. I have previously found the birth record of all my grandmother's brothers and sisters (9 total siblings) per what my father (now deceased) gave me over 20 years ago except for a sister, Rosaria Cascio, who he indicated was born in 1885 but it wasn't there. I was planning to re-look at years 1881 and 1882 (her parents, Giuseppe Cascio and Lucia Tranbunella married in 1882).
Ron
Re: Polizzi Generosa Birth Records
Maybe this is the missing "sister" - who is actually a brother?
In 1884 birth acts #297
Born 13 December 1884 in Polizzi
Rosario Cascio
Father: Giuseppe Cascio, 24, peasant farmer
Mother: Lucia Trabunella, 18, his wife
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... g=en&i=367
You may already have this...
Publication of Marriage Banns for Giuseppe and Lucia
#40
25 August 1882
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... =en&i=1488
And this...
Marriage act
#40
7 September 1882
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... =en&i=1532
T.
In 1884 birth acts #297
Born 13 December 1884 in Polizzi
Rosario Cascio
Father: Giuseppe Cascio, 24, peasant farmer
Mother: Lucia Trabunella, 18, his wife
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... g=en&i=367
You may already have this...
Publication of Marriage Banns for Giuseppe and Lucia
#40
25 August 1882
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... =en&i=1488
And this...
Marriage act
#40
7 September 1882
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... =en&i=1532
T.
Re: Polizzi Generosa Birth Records
He dies on 14 December 1883. #182
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... =en&i=1508
Another Rosario Cascio was born on 17 October 1885 from the same parents.
Act #277
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... g=en&i=594
Re: Polizzi Generosa Birth Records
I have both those Rosario Cascio's. The one born in 1885 emigrated to America where he married and had children of his own. My grandmother who was 10 years younger lived with him when she later emigrated to America until she married my grandfather.
