Leather or Not

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Leather or Not

Post by darkerhorse »

In keeping with this forum description: "Ask questions, chat and talk about anything."

I'm asking where I can find solid documentation on the materials used in the steering wheel of the 2025 Subaru Legacy Premium which is marketed as a "leather wrapped steering wheel".

I'm looking for a vegan interior and I get conflicting answers from sales persons, service, parts, etc. I'm hoping it's not actual leather as the car is otherwise a good fit.

The reason for wanting no leather is primarily ethical, but I've also read that "leather" can peel and not be so durable, plus I don't like the feel of leather as well as urethane steering wheels.

Does this post get the prize for "off-topic"?

PS. I also looked at a Buick Encore GX SUV and the service manager said everything marketed as "leather" was actual leather, while a salesperson did some 'research' and said that it was faux leather.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Leather or Not

Post by darkerhorse »

Just want to add that I'm asking the forum because I've gotten good off-topic advice in the past (on computer displays).
Post Reply