Looking for Death Record for Vennera Matafu Cappadona

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite
Posts: 499
Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 23:58
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ

Looking for Death Record for Vennera Matafu Cappadona

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:

I haven't been on this site in a while, but I am still doing research on my Italian ancestry. I cannot find a death date for my great great grandmother, Vennera Matafu (married to Carmelo Cappadona). I found the death record for Carmelo Cappadona, but I am trying to figure out if Vennera was alive when he died. Here is the link to Carmelo's death record in Librizzi.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... g=en&i=834

Known facts about Vennera Matafu:
  • Father: Francesco Matafu
    • Mother: Carmela Lauria
      • Married Carmelo Cappadona in Montagnareale in 1862
        • Camelo passed in Librizzi
          • Last known child born in 1877 Nicolo Cappadona in Librizzi

            Thank you in advance for any and all help.

            Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Looking for Death Record for Vennera Matafu Cappadona

Post by Tessa78 »

In the record (dated 30 January 1898), Carmelo is described as "widower of Vennera Matafu". - so she is already deceased.

T.
User avatar
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite
Posts: 499
Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 23:58
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ

Re: Looking for Death Record for Vennera Matafu Cappadona

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you, Tessa. I looked in the death records in Librizzi for the years 1877 (birth of last known child) to 1898 (death of husband) and cannot find her death record. Do you have a suggestion as to where else I can look? Surrounding area?

Thanks.

Sue
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Looking for Death Record for Vennera Matafu Cappadona

Post by Tessa78 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote: 08 Oct 2025, 13:59 Thank you, Tessa. I looked in the death records in Librizzi for the years 1877 (birth of last known child) to 1898 (death of husband) and cannot find her death record. Do you have a suggestion as to where else I can look? Surrounding area?

Thanks.

Sue
I also checked the death acts in Librizzi for those years unsuccessfully.
Given her birthplace as Montagnareale, I also checked those records, but did not find her. It also appears that some years are missing.

You might see if there are Diversi records in Librizzi. Maybe she died somewhere else?

You could search for marriages of children where there MIGHT be a record of her death...IF... they married after her death.

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Looking for Death Record for Vennera Matafu Cappadona

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the marriage of son Biaggio Cappadonna in 1894 in Oliveri.
Vennera is deceased at the time.

Note that Biaggio resides in Montagnareale and deceased Vennera is indicated as residing in Montagnareale in her lifetime.
#5

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... g=en&i=237

Here is birth act of Vennera Matafu in Librizzi in 1843.
#23
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 38/58opp7d


T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Looking for Death Record for Vennera Matafu Cappadona

Post by Tessa78 »

Continuing to narrow it down...

Here is the publication of marriage banns for her daughter Carmela Cappadonna in July 1886.
Vennera Matafu was deceased at the time.
#53
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946858

T.
Post Reply