Mothers birth location
Mothers birth location
Can someone please look and tell me what it says for mother Salome Maria Pavia in her Mastracci childrens death records. I am wanting to find her birth record and it doesn't seem to say Alatri like it does for her husband.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 04/w1X2Rzr
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 05/LP2q1eB
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 04/w1X2Rzr
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 05/LP2q1eB
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Mothers birth location
They just read resident of Alatri for the mother - no place of birth that I can see.
Re: Mothers birth location
Thanks, whats the part after her name tho then? I thought traditionally that was where they put the birth place.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Mothers birth location
In the 1892 death record for Bernardino, the mother's name is Maria Salome Pavia and the father Domenico is deceased.
You may recall Maria Salome is for Mary Salome the mother of apostles James and John, sons of Zebedee.
You may recall Maria Salome is for Mary Salome the mother of apostles James and John, sons of Zebedee.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Mothers birth location
I read the word after her name as "contadina" or peasant (her occupation, not her place of birth).
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Mothers birth location
If you look at Bernardino's record you see his name, occupation, residence, and place of birth ("nato in"). There's no wording for place of birth ("nato in") for the parents in the record.
You would have to find the mother's birth, marriage, or death record. Or perhaps in a record for her children.
You would have to find the mother's birth, marriage, or death record. Or perhaps in a record for her children.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Mothers birth location
transcription:darkerhorse wrote: 19 Oct 2025, 03:06 In the 1892 death record for Bernardino, the mother's name is Maria Salome Pavia and the father Domenico is deceased.
You may recall Maria Salome is for Mary Salome the mother of apostles James and John, sons of Zebedee.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... DQ?lang=en
Son Philip (Filippo?):
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 2Y?lang=en
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Mothers birth location
Filippo (Philip) appears to have immigrated to the U.S. in 1901 and again in 1902.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... MJ?lang=en
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... PY?lang=en
This could be Filippo (Philip) single, living with his brother Peter in Lyons, NY in 1915:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 4X?lang=en
This could be Filippo (Philip) single, living with his brother Peter in Lyons, NY in 1920. Note Peter's children have some familiar names:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... n&groupId=
Philip appears to have been buried in Lyons, NY. Didn't your ggf have a connection there?
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/274 ... -mastracci
I don't know if this is the same family you're researching, but it has the Lyons connection.
What year was your ggf born?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... MJ?lang=en
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... PY?lang=en
This could be Filippo (Philip) single, living with his brother Peter in Lyons, NY in 1915:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 4X?lang=en
This could be Filippo (Philip) single, living with his brother Peter in Lyons, NY in 1920. Note Peter's children have some familiar names:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... n&groupId=
Philip appears to have been buried in Lyons, NY. Didn't your ggf have a connection there?
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/274 ... -mastracci
I don't know if this is the same family you're researching, but it has the Lyons connection.
What year was your ggf born?
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Mothers birth location
Pietro immigrated from Frosinone in 1906 joining his brother Filippo at 37 Canal Street in Lyons, NY.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Mothers birth location
In the 1905 NY State Census there's a 21 year old border from Italy named Joseph living with Peter's family (including brother Philip) in Lyons, NY. The surname for Joseph is transcribed as "Starocbor" hardly Italian sounding so it must be an error. Could your ggf possibly have used a name sounding like that?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... d=M9DJ-H87
I'm quitting for now...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... d=M9DJ-H87
I'm quitting for now...
Re: Mothers birth location
I'm trying to see if Maria Pavia has roots in Agrigento, but with lack of records having no luck. I'd really like to figure this out I'm sorta worried all the stuff is coincidental and that I have a break in his line. Because I don't see why my 2 known cousins don't match any of these Agrigento matches. One cousin is a generation closer you would think she would match them. But theres some 357cm match who does match them at 4th cousin level like I do that's probably a 2nd cousin of ours too and matches both them and also the matches on my great grandmothes side. I guess they must have a break in their line cause there' s no common ancestors between us. I guess one of my grandmas brothers must have secretly fathered their dad or mom. I wish I know how they related exactly.
Ty for census, I've seen that before and have been unable to determine if him.
wait 1905, not1915? Ive never seen that before then but my ggf didnt immigrate till 1913 so dont think is him
Ty for census, I've seen that before and have been unable to determine if him.
wait 1905, not1915? Ive never seen that before then but my ggf didnt immigrate till 1913 so dont think is him
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Mothers birth location
Is it the case that you accept that Philip and Peter's parents were Domenico M. and Maria Salome Pavia from Alatri (there's ample evidence) but you just can't tell if they fit into your ggf's family?
If so, why not search for the descendants of Peter using paper trail and DNA matching? Or have you already done that to no avail?
Peter settled in Lyons, NY and named his first daughter Marie and his two sons Dominic and Eugene.
Is the Eugene you were tracking known to be in your family?
If so, why not search for the descendants of Peter using paper trail and DNA matching? Or have you already done that to no avail?
Peter settled in Lyons, NY and named his first daughter Marie and his two sons Dominic and Eugene.
Is the Eugene you were tracking known to be in your family?
Re: Mothers birth location
Yeah I know they are I just cant tell how he fits. Likely raised by them but I'm not showing any DNA connections to anyone from that line.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Mothers birth location
Another possibility is that your ggf knew that family in Alatri and used their mother's name (or the names of both parents) for himself on selected documents to avoid admitting he was a foundling. I believe their father Domenico had died before your ggf was born. Their mother Maria Salome Pavia was still alive as of 1918.
Re: Mothers birth location
That's probably true - but what I don't get is why the DNA points to him having bio family in Niagara Falls. To me that proves he must have known them somehow especially the DNA match that had 1 spouse from Cerda, the other from PE, married in 1924. I don't relate on the Cerda line because they have cousins who tested and the match is on the PE line. Then I find theres several people with her (PE spouse) grandmothers maiden name Salvaggio living in Niagara falls. Some of these came from Agrigento, and some from Ceccano in Frosinone - there has to be a connection right? I mean this is way too many common locations to be a coincidence.