To clarify, if father is 100% Italian and mother is 0% Italian can children have different percentages of Italian DNA or would they all have 50%?AngelaGrace56 wrote: 22 Oct 2025, 04:48Yes, absolutely to both!!!darkerhorse wrote: 22 Oct 2025, 04:12Can siblings have different percentages of a given ancestry?Konrad38 wrote: 17 Mar 2025, 08:35 Hello! Cool ask! The hand state may come from family, but it's not sure to match with how much Norwegian blood runs in your family. Your cousin might have more Norwegian genes than what the records show. A DNA test might clear up how much Norwegian ancestry is there. Without it, tough to tell if your cousin has over 25% Norwegian DNA.
![]()
Ditto question for first cousins.
Angela
One of the questions I have is whether I inherited more Italian ancestry than my siblings (which you would suspect given our physical appearances and cultural preferences) so I wondered what DNA testing can reveal.
