1865 banns in Messina proper…?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
warriorrabbit
Elite
Elite
Posts: 284
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
Location: San Diego

1865 banns in Messina proper…?

Post by warriorrabbit »

Sorry if I’m being an idiot, but I’m not finding this record on antenati.

But according to familysearch, it exists

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... VP?lang=en

Also, is this name… Tufobia? That’s a new one.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... d=M98F-7NK
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: 1865 banns in Messina proper…?

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

warriorrabbit wrote: 04 Jan 2026, 03:07 Sorry if I’m being an idiot, but I’m not finding this record on antenati.

But according to familysearch, it exists

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... VP?lang=en

I've had a look and I can't find the record either. Maybe there is an error in the indexing on Family Search?

Also, is this name… Tufobia? That’s a new one.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... d=M98F-7NK

Yes and no.

This little person was found at the “wheel” when she was circa 40 days old. So the reason why you are not familiar with the surname is because her surname was an invented name. In the body of the record, like you, I am reading her surname to be “Tufobia”. In the index however it it is clearly written “Tupobia” There is a lot of detail in the record which might take a while to translate. You might want to post it to Translations forum.

Angela
User avatar
warriorrabbit
Elite
Elite
Posts: 284
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
Location: San Diego

Re: 1865 banns in Messina proper…?

Post by warriorrabbit »

Thank you for looking! Yes, I’m interested in the Tufobia saga, I’ll post it in the translation section.
User avatar
warriorrabbit
Elite
Elite
Posts: 284
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
Location: San Diego

Re: 1865 banns in Messina proper…?

Post by warriorrabbit »

Hi,

Just coming back to this to see if anyone else was maybe able to solve the missing banns mystery from the initial post or had any insight. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: 1865 banns in Messina proper…?

Post by PippoM »

Do you know something more about the spouses? That might help the search.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
warriorrabbit
Elite
Elite
Posts: 284
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
Location: San Diego

Re: 1865 banns in Messina proper…?

Post by warriorrabbit »

Unfortunately I don’t. This is an uncommon surname and most are mine, but this Lorenzo (same name as my great grandfather and 2x GG) is one I don’t know, nor the parent Giustizia. I was hoping to discover more. I posted something at FamilySearch on a message board about the unavailability of this record. I don’t know if there’s some glitch about the records or it was indexed wrong or what. Maybe someone there will look into it. I don’t know how they can say, go look at the banns for 1865, it’s #3, but there are absolutely no corresponding banns as far as I can see.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
warriorrabbit
Elite
Elite
Posts: 284
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
Location: San Diego

Re: 1865 banns in Messina proper…?

Post by warriorrabbit »

Ok! I posted on the “ask a question” section on FamilySearch, because ultimately there was a linkage issue from FamilySearch to Antenati. The text says it’s available at Antenati, but really it’s a film available only on site at FamilySearch History locations. So they do have to correct the redirecting text message as it’s in error. Giustizia was Giuseppe. Lorenzo was Placido Lorenzo. Ultimately I had all the info already as I had the promessa from Antenati. They’ve corrected the Giustizia to Giuseppe and I think someone is submitting a correction form for the referring text. Any other records on that digital film or whatever will have the same incorrect “locate it on Antenati” message until they fix it.
Post Reply