This is my first forum participation. Not entirely certain how forums work. Here goes.
I have an ancestor, born in July 1885, lived in Ostigliano, emigrated to America in 1906 on the ship named Moltzke. He declared Angelo Baratta his cousin, living in Jersey City, New Jersey. I found his records after this fact, but I have not been successful in finding anything before his emigration.
Americo and Bove together is a very uncommon name. His first son was named Joseph. I tried looking for a Giuseppe Bove in Ostigliano, and I did find one, but I can't find any record that he ever married. He had a brother name Giovanni, and there is no record of him marrying either.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Americo Bove...A Puzzle.
Re: Americo Bove...A Puzzle.
Hello!
Here is the birth record of Americo Bove:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 44&lang=it
Ostigliano is a hamlet of Perito.
Here is the birth record of Americo Bove:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 44&lang=it
Ostigliano is a hamlet of Perito.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Americo Bove...A Puzzle.
Following Pippo's
find...
Here is the marriage of Americo Bove's parents in Perito on 10 February 1882.
#1
Sabato, 23, is the son of deceased Gennaro Bove, and of [living] Maria Orrico, residing in Ostigliano
Carmela Grimaldi, 22, born in Ciorani and residing Ostigliano, is the daughter of deceased Carmine Grimaldi and deceased Maria Diletta Spissa(?) who resided in Ciorani in their lifetimes.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947713
T.
Here is the marriage of Americo Bove's parents in Perito on 10 February 1882.
#1
Sabato, 23, is the son of deceased Gennaro Bove, and of [living] Maria Orrico, residing in Ostigliano
Carmela Grimaldi, 22, born in Ciorani and residing Ostigliano, is the daughter of deceased Carmine Grimaldi and deceased Maria Diletta Spissa(?) who resided in Ciorani in their lifetimes.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947713
T.

