Contacting Italian towns for civil records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2130
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Contacting Italian towns for civil records

Post by rp76226 »

Is there a link listing all Italian towns and how to contact their civil office to get birth, marriage, and death records. I'm hoping to contact them through email rather than through the Post Office. Right now, I'm looking to contact the city of Altamura in Bari, Puglia, Italy.

Ron
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Contacting Italian towns for civil records

Post by PippoM »

I contacted them a few years ago to request some certificates, but I wrote to a PEC (certified email) address:

statocivile@pec.comune.altamura.ba.it
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Contacting Italian towns for civil records

Post by erudita74 »

It is my understanding that you can’t use a PEC email address unless you yourself have one. I can’t find a non PEC email address for Altamura though.
User avatar
rp76226
Master
Master
Posts: 2130
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 17:00

Re: Contacting Italian towns for civil records

Post by rp76226 »

Thanks for the information.
Post Reply