Trying to find my ancestors (Genoa)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
LJones
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Feb 2026, 12:58

Trying to find my ancestors (Genoa)

Post by LJones »

I am tying to find some information about where my Great Great Great Grandfather Giovanni Devoto was from. He moved from Italy to Manchester, UK in the mid-late 1800's. He married in Manchester in 1874 and died in 1933. On UK census's he states he is from County Genoa but other than that, I have not found anything else. I was hoping to find some information through a baptism record or something like that to narrow down where he was born. Based on the census's he was born between 1847 and 1849. I would appreciate any help or guidance on this if possible!
Post Reply