It looks like I'm back.
Angela
Nicolo Ferraro
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Thanks all,
Angela,
yes it posted.
when i get bad request i just get out and sign back in. I also copy all that i want to post reply to not have to type it again,
it works for me. just a suggestion for you.
Erudita- yes i am looking at wiki and finding iteresting information.
I see the 3rd marriage to Francesco La Sala. Now i know she most probably died in SMB after 1872. will research that timeframe.
i also am needing to correct birth date - Mary is working on that. i think it was posted on another post.
mmgno-- i am guessing you are seeing the Menfi record if you choose.
Thanks again all
What a huge help in straightening this mess out.
Best
Linda
Angela,
yes it posted.
when i get bad request i just get out and sign back in. I also copy all that i want to post reply to not have to type it again,
it works for me. just a suggestion for you.
Erudita- yes i am looking at wiki and finding iteresting information.
I see the 3rd marriage to Francesco La Sala. Now i know she most probably died in SMB after 1872. will research that timeframe.
i also am needing to correct birth date - Mary is working on that. i think it was posted on another post.
mmgno-- i am guessing you are seeing the Menfi record if you choose.
Thanks again all
What a huge help in straightening this mess out.
Best
Linda
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
@Linda
No luck finding a death record for Antonia/Antonina Roccaforte in the SM diocesan death indices. I even checked under the surname La Sala, in case she was listed under a married surname. The Antonia Roccaforte who died March 2, 1898 at age 80 had a father named Antonino but a mother named Caterina Ingoglia.
Also glad you check the wiki tree website. I know that researcher Jaci Coleman has done records from SM, even some of the Agrigento diocesan ones.
Erudita
No luck finding a death record for Antonia/Antonina Roccaforte in the SM diocesan death indices. I even checked under the surname La Sala, in case she was listed under a married surname. The Antonia Roccaforte who died March 2, 1898 at age 80 had a father named Antonino but a mother named Caterina Ingoglia.
Also glad you check the wiki tree website. I know that researcher Jaci Coleman has done records from SM, even some of the Agrigento diocesan ones.
Erudita
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Thanks Erudita,
Superb as always
Best
Linda
Superb as always
Best
Linda
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
For what it's worth:
Here is the Civil Record which matches the Church Record that Erudita has located. It does mention her late husband to be Francesco La Sala. Once again it is not a perfect match but it is the only one that I have come across for Antonina Roccaforte up to 1910 naming husband Francesco La Sala. (Just one year had no indices and that was 1899).
1898 Death No 28: Antonina Roccaforte
Registered in Santa Margherita di Belice on 2 March 1898
Antonina Roccaforte, died at 9.07 am yesterday (1 March 1898) in the house in Via Becchina, no number given. She was 80 yo, Casalinga, residing and living in S. Margherita, the daughter of the deceased Antonino (Roccaforte), a contadino, and of the deceased Caterina Ingoglia, who had both lived in S. Margherita when living. I am reading “conjugata” (joined/married with) Francesco La Sala.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043548
A few days ago, I also went through the Menfi indices thinking AntoninaAntonia may have returned there there to live, as I know she had family there. Here is her death record, mother was Maria Lombardo. It is interessting that her husband name’s was Vincenzo “Ingoglia”.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043548
Hope this helps.
Angela
Here is the Civil Record which matches the Church Record that Erudita has located. It does mention her late husband to be Francesco La Sala. Once again it is not a perfect match but it is the only one that I have come across for Antonina Roccaforte up to 1910 naming husband Francesco La Sala. (Just one year had no indices and that was 1899).
1898 Death No 28: Antonina Roccaforte
Registered in Santa Margherita di Belice on 2 March 1898
Antonina Roccaforte, died at 9.07 am yesterday (1 March 1898) in the house in Via Becchina, no number given. She was 80 yo, Casalinga, residing and living in S. Margherita, the daughter of the deceased Antonino (Roccaforte), a contadino, and of the deceased Caterina Ingoglia, who had both lived in S. Margherita when living. I am reading “conjugata” (joined/married with) Francesco La Sala.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043548
A few days ago, I also went through the Menfi indices thinking AntoninaAntonia may have returned there there to live, as I know she had family there. Here is her death record, mother was Maria Lombardo. It is interessting that her husband name’s was Vincenzo “Ingoglia”.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043548
Hope this helps.
Angela
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Thank you very much angela!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
You are very welcome for the help, Linda. I know it's been a long journey for you with some bumps along the way. You are going well.
I notice that I somehow omitted to say that the Menfi Death Record I located and posted (No 336) with the mother’s name Maria Lombardo, is her sister’s death record i.e. Grazia Roccaforte married to a Vincenzo “Ingoglia”. (On rereading what I have written it is somewhat ambigious. I'm still having issues with the site so am having to quickly copy and paste everything before it times out on me.)
Angela
I notice that I somehow omitted to say that the Menfi Death Record I located and posted (No 336) with the mother’s name Maria Lombardo, is her sister’s death record i.e. Grazia Roccaforte married to a Vincenzo “Ingoglia”. (On rereading what I have written it is somewhat ambigious. I'm still having issues with the site so am having to quickly copy and paste everything before it times out on me.)
Angela
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Nicolo Ferraro
Thanks Angela I will notated the info
Best
Linda
Best
Linda