Good Morning, Can you please help translating this birth record. Very much appreciated:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... Vb?lang=en
Translation of Birth Record - Domenico Campisano
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Domenico Campisano
Unfortunately, this record is too out of focus for me to decipher it. What I call tell you though is that this record is for a female, Domenica, not Domenico. You have the correct surname. Her baptism took place on Dec 21, 1849. Her birth on the 20th.
Erudita
Erudita
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Domenico Campisano
The mother’s name looks like ria (so maybe it’s Maria). The surname looks like Castano with an accent on the o. The father’s name could be Antonio. There is an index on p. 554 of 565, #21 top right. There the father’s name looks like Antonella, or something similar, but that’s a feminine name. That’s all I can do with this record, sorry.
Erudita
Erudita
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Domenico Campisano
I agree that the mother’s name is Maria Castano and that the father is Antonio.
To be certain I’ve located the following birth record for Domenica’s younger sister:
1852 Birth No 64: Lucrezia Campisano
Registered in Cortale on 14 May 1852
Appearing was Antonio Campisano, 26 yo, forese, living in Cortale, Rione Cannolello. He presented a baby girl, born from Maria Castano, his wife, 27 yo, living with him, and reported that she was born on 13 May 1852 in the house located in said Rione.
Lucrezia Camisano was baptised on 14 May 1852.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 49/0n9ay4q
Angela
To be certain I’ve located the following birth record for Domenica’s younger sister:
1852 Birth No 64: Lucrezia Campisano
Registered in Cortale on 14 May 1852
Appearing was Antonio Campisano, 26 yo, forese, living in Cortale, Rione Cannolello. He presented a baby girl, born from Maria Castano, his wife, 27 yo, living with him, and reported that she was born on 13 May 1852 in the house located in said Rione.
Lucrezia Camisano was baptised on 14 May 1852.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 49/0n9ay4q
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Domenico Campisano
Hi again
Sorry, I forgot to add that both Domenica and Lucrezia were baptised in the church of Santa Maria Cattolica.
Angela
Sorry, I forgot to add that both Domenica and Lucrezia were baptised in the church of Santa Maria Cattolica.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Domenico Campisano
Hi Julie
I'm bumping this thread in case you haven't seen the last replies to it, and the added birth record for Domenica's sister, Lucrezia.
Angela
I'm bumping this thread in case you haven't seen the last replies to it, and the added birth record for Domenica's sister, Lucrezia.
Angela
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Domenico Campisano
Thank for that added information. I love it!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation of Birth Record - Domenico Campisano
Great!!! Glad your saw it.
Angela
Angela
