Marriage Pietro Bilotta

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
jmazzu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Nov 2019, 01:31

Marriage Pietro Bilotta

Post by jmazzu »

I need help translating this record. There are additional pages after this one Are these related to the marriage record also?

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 89/wrdaRrp
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Marriage Pietro Bilotta

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Julie, you've struck an absolute goldmine here. Yes, the records on the following pages are related. Here is the translation of the marriage document.

Marriage No 2: Pietro Bilotta and Vittoria Dattilo
Jacurso: 11 July 1847

Right Column: Married in the Parish of S. Sebbastiano on 21 July 1847


Groom: Pietro Billota, 24 yo, maggiore (adult – had reached the age of maturity), born in Filadelfia, a bovaro, living in Jacurso, son of the deceased Giuseppe Bilotta, and of the deceased Catarina Ciliberto,

Bride: Vittoria Dattilo, 19 yo, minore (not reached the age of maturity), born in Jacurso, daughter of the deceased, Giuseppe Dattilo, and of Teresa Scalfaro, living in Jacurso with her daughter.

Notification of this promise was affixed to the town hall in Jacurso on 7 May 1847.

The following include the allegati (documents presented in order for the marriage to proceed):

1. Birth Act of the future groom
2. Birth Act of the future bride
3. Death Act of the father, mother and paternal grandfather of the future groom
4. Death Act of the father and paternal grandfather of the future bride
5. Act of Consent of the mother of the bride ....
6. Notification Act which resulted in no opposition to the marriage taking place.

Lucky for you, these documents have been included on the following pages. I don’t have time today to translate them for you but someone else might be able to. Personally, I would post each document separately, as often people don’t have the time to translate each document in one sitting. I certainly don’t today as I have a family commitment in about an hour. What I’ll do is I’ll come back in a minute and name each document for you and which page it is on. That will make it easier for you.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Marriage Pietro Bilotta

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I've just twigged - this is the marriage processetti film. I thought it was too good to be true.

Angela
jmazzu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Nov 2019, 01:31

Re: Marriage Pietro Bilotta

Post by jmazzu »

Thanks Angela. Sounds like There will be alot of info here. Exciting?
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Marriage Pietro Bilotta

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Yes, very exciting!!!

Some will take you back at least a couple of generations.

Birth Act of the future groom: Pietro Billota – is on Page 8 of 14
Birth Act of the future bride: Vittoria Dattilo – is on Page 9 of 14
Death Certificate of father of the groom: Giuseppe Bilotta – Page 10 of 14
Death act of mother of the groom: Catarina Ciliberro – Page 11 of 14
Death Certificate of paternal grandfather of Groom: Petro Bilotta – page 12 of 14
Death Act of father of the bride: Giuseppe Dattilo – page 13 of 14
Death Certificate of paternal grandfather of the bride: Francesco Dattilo – page 14 of 14

I’m happy to come back and do the translations but I can’t today. I would use the information from these birth and death extracts to locate the original records as often they are easier to read and don’t have errors in them that sometimes extracts do.

The two death certificates pertaining to Giuseppe Bilotta and Petro Bilotta are in Latin. I generally don’t read Latin so I would suggest you repost them for translation and one of our translaters of Latin will help.

Angela
jmazzu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Nov 2019, 01:31

Re: Marriage Pietro Bilotta

Post by jmazzu »

Thank you. I will repost the Latin death certs. Looking forward to seeing what info is here!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Marriage Pietro Bilotta

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

:D

Angela
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Marriage Pietro Bilotta

Post by mmogno »

The death certificate pertaining to Pietro Bilotta.
19 April 1783
Pietro Bilotta, husband of Antonia Michienzi, aged sixty, having received the holy sacraments and being in communion with the faithful, gave up his soul to God. His body is buried in the church of Santa Maria del Carmelo.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 89/LNjmRvj
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Post Reply