Hello,
I have been trying to get my Italian grandfather's birth certificate, and I have had no luck. Someone on this site gave me some information to work with, but I have had no luck. I need to get the Microfilm to find out who his real mother and father were since he was a foundling. I am hoping that someone can come forth and help me with this. A family took him in, and their name was Mantuano.
This is his name:
ERCOLE/ Ettore Rozzoni
Birth 18 Dec 1887 • Italy, Incl. Sicily and Sardinia
Death 22 Feb 1965 • Kenosha, Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA
I believe that Ettore was a foundling and had Dozzino surname given by the civil records officer...
as in use, the Major giving the foundling to a family, paying for them to raise the child...
Dionisio is the "foster" parent.
I thank you in advance!
Diane Sato
grandfather birth certificate
Re: grandfather birth certificate
This is more information they gave me. It wouldn't let me send it all in one message.
Certificate: 004257, Ercole/Ettore born in Celico as by ship's manifest and raised in Mantovano family in Rota Greca ( no Mantuano); in Rota Greca were 2 families Mantovano surname.
households:
Mantovano Camillo b. 07/04/1864 ROTA GRECA
Mantovano Dionisio b. --/--/1853 ROTA GRECA
Dionisio is the "foster" parent.
Certificate: 004257, Ercole/Ettore born in Celico as by ship's manifest and raised in Mantovano family in Rota Greca ( no Mantuano); in Rota Greca were 2 families Mantovano surname.
households:
Mantovano Camillo b. 07/04/1864 ROTA GRECA
Mantovano Dionisio b. --/--/1853 ROTA GRECA
Dionisio is the "foster" parent.
Re: grandfather birth certificate
Well, after so many years a bit of luck.
I see you started posting on this subject in 2010.
Here’s the birth record you’re looking for.
His given name was Ettore Dozzina, #102
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... eb?lang=en
He was not a foundling but the mother did not wish to be named.
The birth was declared by Teresa Monte, 60 yo, who assisted the birth.
He was born on 6 December 1887 in a house in via Botteghelle in Celico.
Ettore was sent to the “Stabilimento di pubblica assistenza” in Cosenza.
I see you started posting on this subject in 2010.
Here’s the birth record you’re looking for.
His given name was Ettore Dozzina, #102
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... eb?lang=en
He was not a foundling but the mother did not wish to be named.
The birth was declared by Teresa Monte, 60 yo, who assisted the birth.
He was born on 6 December 1887 in a house in via Botteghelle in Celico.
Ettore was sent to the “Stabilimento di pubblica assistenza” in Cosenza.
Re: grandfather birth certificate
Dionisio’s surname is actually written as Mantuano in his birth record.
Born on 11 October 1853
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... A6?lang=en
Born on 11 October 1853
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... A6?lang=en
Re: grandfather birth certificate
It's nice to see so much interest from those who asked the question.
Sometimes I wonder why we try to help.
Sometimes I wonder why we try to help.
Re: grandfather birth certificate
Thank you for taking the time to collect this information for me. You don't know how this has helped me!
Re: grandfather birth certificate
Farassinno,
One more question, please,
Is there no way to find Ettore's mother's name?
One more question, please,
Is there no way to find Ettore's mother's name?
Re: grandfather birth certificate
could you please send me the picture of the birth record again? It opened the first time and then not again. It will not open for me,
Thank You,
Diane
Thank You,
Diane

