Is there anyone who can possibly help me locate this record? I can see the names of the people I think I am looking for but the handwriting is just the worse. I really cannot read it. I am looking for a Vincenzo Sangiori who married an Agata, don't know her maiden name. Don't know if anyone wants to attempt this and I understand if you don't. I am attaching the link to the index where It shows their names. Their names are 9 from the bottom on the left hand side. Any info would be appreciated.
Mary
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori
Mary
The record # 1226 is on image 635 of 682 bottom right. I think the date is May 18, 1613.
The groom Vincenzo Sangiorgi was the son of deceased Filippo ? and Leonara
The bride Agata Gulisano was the daughter of deceased Bernardo (?) and Beatrice?
Have to study this record more.
Erudita
The record # 1226 is on image 635 of 682 bottom right. I think the date is May 18, 1613.
The groom Vincenzo Sangiorgi was the son of deceased Filippo ? and Leonara
The bride Agata Gulisano was the daughter of deceased Bernardo (?) and Beatrice?
Have to study this record more.
Erudita
Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori
@erudita74erudita74 wrote: 05 Jun 2026, 10:28 ... May 18, 1613.
The groom Vincenzo Sangiorgi was the son of deceased Filippo ? and Leonora (= Eleonora)
The bride Agata Gulisano was the daughter of deceased Bernardo (?) and Beatrice?
...
Erudita
D'accordo anch'io, per quel che vale.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori
@mmogno
Thanks, G. As to the first name of the groom’s mother, I wrote Eleanora in my notes before typing the name on the forum. Then I decided to remove the initial E in the translation, but didn’t notice that, when I did, I now had the ending nara instead of nora. Anyway, thanks again for the corrections.
Erudita
Thanks, G. As to the first name of the groom’s mother, I wrote Eleanora in my notes before typing the name on the forum. Then I decided to remove the initial E in the translation, but didn’t notice that, when I did, I now had the ending nara instead of nora. Anyway, thanks again for the corrections.
Erudita
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori
Thanks @erudita and @mmogno for all the help.
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori
Erudita,
I see the record now. My eyes were going crazy trying to read that handwriting.
I see the record now. My eyes were going crazy trying to read that handwriting.
Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori
Hi Mary,
The handwriting in these early records, and the condition of some of them, are making them difficult to decipher. Hopefully, we’re giving you the correct info from them.
Erudita
The handwriting in these early records, and the condition of some of them, are making them difficult to decipher. Hopefully, we’re giving you the correct info from them.
Erudita
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori
I am not 100% sure these are my ancestors because I am still trying to find the baptismal of their daughter, Margherita Sangiori. All the dates work so I am hopeful.
Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori
italian059 wrote: 06 Jun 2026, 01:53 I am not 100% sure these are my ancestors because I am still trying to find the baptismal of their daughter, Margherita Sangiori. All the dates work so I am hopeful.
Mary
Do you have any baptism/birth dates for any of their children to try to narrow down a range of years? There don’t seem to be any indices for those early baptism records. With the condition of those records, and the vast number of them, I would never be able to quickly go record by record to try to find it. Sorry.
Erudita
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori
No, Erudita, I don't know the names of any of the other children. I agree it is too hard to go thru those very old records. Makes your eyes go crazy, lol.