Pietradefusi-Fireworks accident June 1865

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
dlc519
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 38
Joined: 03 Jan 2010, 22:47

Pietradefusi-Fireworks accident June 1865

Post by dlc519 »

Greetings!

I know from verbal family history that my Great Great Grandfather, Nicola Criscillo, died in a fireworks accident in Pietradefusi in June of 1865. He was a Master Pyrotechnican or Fuochista. I do have his death record but no mention of an accident. His father, Alessandro, passed away 10 days prior to him. (June 19th and 29th).

This made me question if perhaps there was an accident on June 19th that took one of their lives immediately, with the other lingering for several days. Is there anywhere I can find a record of this accident?

I know there wasn't a local newspaper in 1865. Would the church have this a record? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,
Denise Criscella
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Pietradefusi-Fireworks accident June 1865

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
edwardbr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Jul 2026, 18:56

Re: Pietradefusi-Fireworks accident June 1865

Post by edwardbr »

That's a fascinating piece of family history. Have you checked whether there were any civil records or police reports related to accidental deaths in Pietradefusi or the Province of Avellino around June 1865? If the explosion was significant, I wonder if it might have been documented by provincial authorities even if it wasn't mentioned in the death register.
Post Reply