Giuseppe maria callari sorce birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Giuseppe maria callari sorce birth

Post by lindamauer »

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 67/5YXaK6v

record 26
april 18, 1881

Could you please translate and tell me how Callari is interpreted as his name is not callari nor his parent's surnames
does Callari mean something
does it say that Maria Lombardo is a widow
or anything to shed light if this is saying something to understand how it fits.

Thanks
Linda
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Giuseppe maria callari sorce birth

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth No 106: Giuseppe Maria Sorce Callari

Registered in Mussomeli on 18 April 1881

Before the official appeared Giuseppe Sorce Callari, 44 yo, Villico, living in Mussomeli. He reported that at 2 am today (18 April 1881) in the house in Via Giannino, no number given, from Maria Lombardo, his wife, 37 yo, Volgare, living with him was born a baby of male sex, who he presented and gave the name of Giuseppe Maria.

I’m understanding that “Sorce Callari” was a double surname.

Volgare (a person of low socio economic standing)

Angela
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Re: Giuseppe maria callari sorce birth

Post by lindamauer »

thank you angela!

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 46/0M6MoD7
this is the child's father's birth

thank you angela!

it puzzles me why ONE child out of 5 has callari added but the father nor mother have that extension nor any of the maiden names of the grandparents.
curious why a name is oddly just seemingly added for no reason.
could it be another father that died? or adopted from,

all the other children do not have the callari surname added.

Thanks again.
Linda
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Giuseppe maria callari sorce birth

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi Linda

I’m not following your family history Linda. I’m just too busy, and I know that you have others here who are helping you. I’m always happy to help with translations from Italian, when I can. I’m wondering whether the answer to your question might be here: https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... na#p351106

Might, the deceased Giuseppe Maria Sorce (c.1814), who died in 1868 (above link), be the paternal great grandfather of your baby Giuseppe Maria Sorce Callari, born in 1881, that I have just translated (ie Act No 106). It seems like maybe the parents of the baby have possibly used up all the names of the respective grandparents, and are now wanting to honour the paternal great grandparents, and that’s why the surname of the great grandmother (Callari) has been included. It’s just a thought – might be off beat, not sure, sorry. While I really enjoy problem-solving, I haven’t got time to look into this for you.

Angela
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Re: Giuseppe maria callari sorce birth

Post by lindamauer »

Thank you angela. The 1881 is the different one that to me is weird and unexplained and the only one. Sorry i did not ask you to do or examine my whole tree. Sorry you took it that way. I only asked the reply question to you as you had responded. I am happy for anyone in the world to respond. Hope you have a fantastic rest of your week.
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Re: Giuseppe maria callari sorce birth

Post by lindamauer »

I read your link. I am moving towards this child bel9ngs in another family as in my tree direct it does not have giovanna callari or Salvatore sorce. It must be their child. But that is not entirely waterproof as the parents on record do not show Salvatore e giovanna
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Giuseppe maria callari sorce birth

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Okay. Hopefully as you research further things will unscramble.

Angela
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Re: Giuseppe maria callari sorce birth

Post by lindamauer »

thanks angela
Post Reply