I can’t make out the occupation of the groom Letterio, the occupation of the bride’s father, (although I would guess architect), and the surname of the bride’s mother Concetta. Looks like Arrosto, but that seems wrong per Cognomix.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 90/LyXyEVl
Difficulty reading 3 things on this 1847 marriage record
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: Difficulty reading 3 things on this 1847 marriage record
Letterio was an "impiegato doganale" (customs officer)
Giuseppe was an architect, and yes, I read his wifes surname "Arrosto".
But remember that surnames may change in time, and are there can be miswritings.
Have you found the "allegati"?
Giuseppe was an architect, and yes, I read his wifes surname "Arrosto".
But remember that surnames may change in time, and are there can be miswritings.
Have you found the "allegati"?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: Difficulty reading 3 things on this 1847 marriage record
The allegati? No, but I hadn’t looked yet. I will look for those.
