Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte

Post by italian059 »

Would someone please translate this record #78. Want to verify all the spellings and not sure I understand all of it. Thanks so much.
Mary


https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... Id=2043548
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Death No 78: Antonina Roccaforte

Registered in S. Margherita di Belice on 2 March 1898

It was reported that at 9.07 am yesterday (ie 1 March 1898), in Via Becchina, no number given, Antonina Roccaforte, 80 yo, casalinga (domestic/housewife), resident of S..Margherita, and living in S Margherita, the daughter of deceased Antonino, a contadino, and of the deceased Caterina Ingoglia, who had both lived in S. Margherita when living; marrried with deceased Francesco La Sola died.

The other names there which may be confusing you are the two grave diggers, reporting the death, and the witness to the death registration proceedings.

Angela
Danip
Elite
Elite
Posts: 295
Joined: 29 Aug 2024, 14:52

Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte

Post by Danip »

Day March 2nd, 1898, Santa Margherita di Belice, record n° 18 (not n° 78)
Death record of Antonina Roccaforte, deceased on the day before at 9:07 in her home in Via Burlina(?), 80 years old, housewife as job, daughter of the both deceased Antonino, peasant as job, and Caterina Ingoglia, both living in Santa Margherita di Belice when they were alive, married to Francesco La Sala.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

@Danip
Yes, I agree that the surname is “La Sola”. I’m having issues posting on this forum at the moment., but after I posted, because I couldn’t find any evidence of the surname “La Solo”. I reread some translations here on the forum and confirmed that it was “La Sola”. I haven’t been able to edit my original post, so hopefully this will post.

No, it is not No 18, it is No 28, so we are both mistaken.

Angela
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte

Post by erudita74 »

La Sala, not La Sola, is the surname found in Santa Margherita di Belice. I know this from my many years of doing genealogy research in this town. Antonina Roccaforte had been married to Francesco La Sala.

Erudita
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte

Post by italian059 »

Thanks everyone for all the help.

@Erudita-How have you been? It is so good to hear from you and see your name on the forum.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Mary, I’m so sorry my last post here doesn’t make sense. I hope it wasn’t confusing for you. I had to repost it several times because of the current issues I’m having with the site and I was in a rush to get out to a meeting as well. I was completely flustered. I confirm that Francesca’s surname was “La Sala” and that is what I intended to type in my last post here.

Angela
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte

Post by italian059 »

Thanks Angela
Danip
Elite
Elite
Posts: 295
Joined: 29 Aug 2024, 14:52

Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte

Post by Danip »

Also I confirm the husband's surname: it was La Sala, as I wrote yesterday in my message.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help with death record for Antonina Roccaforte

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Danip wrote: 27 Jul 2026, 22:20 Also I confirm the husband's surname: it was La Sala, as I wrote yesterday in my message.
Yes, indeed you did correctly write La Sala. :D Sorry for any confusion.

Angela
Post Reply