Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
-
ImWalkinHere!
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 12 Aug 2018, 19:43
Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
Hello all,
I just set up a PEC email to reach out to what I believed was an email and process that would work. I
I sent an email to "archivio.centraledellostato@cultura.gov.it" asking for military records for my Great Great Grandfather Luciano Lombardo who was a sapper in the 1866 campaign. The email system for Aruba.it said "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender"
Im looking for those crunchy primary source documents. Is this the way to do it or am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
--Walkin
I just set up a PEC email to reach out to what I believed was an email and process that would work. I
I sent an email to "archivio.centraledellostato@cultura.gov.it" asking for military records for my Great Great Grandfather Luciano Lombardo who was a sapper in the 1866 campaign. The email system for Aruba.it said "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender"
Im looking for those crunchy primary source documents. Is this the way to do it or am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
--Walkin
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
I think this may be the correct address: acs@cultura.gov.it (I did notice there was a “pec” address too but I’ve lost it now, but someone else might know it, so wait until someone else chimes in.)
What town and province was Luciano born in? Generally any military records are kept at the State Archives of the respective Province a soldier was born in.
Angela
What town and province was Luciano born in? Generally any military records are kept at the State Archives of the respective Province a soldier was born in.
Angela
-
ImWalkinHere!
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 12 Aug 2018, 19:43
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
Hi Angela,
Thank you so much for the response! He was from Caltanissetta city in Caltanissetta province
Thank you so much for the response! He was from Caltanissetta city in Caltanissetta province
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
https://www.solferinoesanmartino.it/pro ... risultati/
https://www.solferinoesanmartino.it/db- ... 594281.jpg Matricola: 6586
Cognome e nome: Lombardo Settimo Luciano
Grado: Soldato
Corpo: 2° Regg. Genio Zappatori
https://pdfhost.io/v/gETZ8VaSvt_Progett ... mo_Luciano
https://www.solferinoesanmartino.it/db- ... 594281.jpg Matricola: 6586
Cognome e nome: Lombardo Settimo Luciano
Grado: Soldato
Corpo: 2° Regg. Genio Zappatori
https://pdfhost.io/v/gETZ8VaSvt_Progett ... mo_Luciano
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
Great find G.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
@ImWalkinHere!
Send your request to the Archivio di Stato di Caltanissetta (ie State Archives of Caltanissetta)
email: as-cl@cultura.gov.it I would use this one.
The Pec address is as-cl@pec.cultura.gov.it
Make sure you include Luciano’s date of birth, especially the year of birth because the Draft Lists are compiled annually at time of birth, and then annotated later when the subject is called.
Also include the names of his parents. (I generally include the name and year of birth in the heading of the email:
e.g.
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva e dei foglie matricolari di
Luciano Settimo Lombardo , Classe di Nascita (year born)
Best to you with this.
Angela
Send your request to the Archivio di Stato di Caltanissetta (ie State Archives of Caltanissetta)
email: as-cl@cultura.gov.it I would use this one.
The Pec address is as-cl@pec.cultura.gov.it
Make sure you include Luciano’s date of birth, especially the year of birth because the Draft Lists are compiled annually at time of birth, and then annotated later when the subject is called.
Also include the names of his parents. (I generally include the name and year of birth in the heading of the email:
e.g.
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva e dei foglie matricolari di
Luciano Settimo Lombardo , Classe di Nascita (year born)
Best to you with this.
Angela
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
@AngelaGrace56
Nel 1866 siamo ancora al tempo delle Guerre d'Indipendenza, prima del funzionamento dell'esercito nazionale del Regno d'Italia. Credo che i documenti relativi a quel periodo siano all'Archivio di Stato di Torino.
Nel 1866 siamo ancora al tempo delle Guerre d'Indipendenza, prima del funzionamento dell'esercito nazionale del Regno d'Italia. Credo che i documenti relativi a quel periodo siano all'Archivio di Stato di Torino.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
@mmognommogno wrote: 31 Jul 2026, 01:22 @AngelaGrace56
Nel 1866 siamo ancora al tempo delle Guerre d'Indipendenza, prima del funzionamento dell'esercito nazionale del Regno d'Italia. Credo che i documenti relativi a quel periodo siano all'Archivio di Stato di Torino.
Okay. Thank you for that information. (I'll make a note so I remember next time.) I'll let you find the correct email address because I have to go out. (I've just been attempting to send private messages and they bounced. I've had issues again this morning with the forum but it looks like it is fixed again now - hopefully. Hope you are well.)
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
@ImWalkinHere
Hi again
You can send your email to the following email address: as-to@cultura.gov.it
(PEC address is: as-to@pec.cultura.gov.it)
If you haven't already read our previous posts here, read those before you send the email.
Best to you with this.
Angela
Hi again
You can send your email to the following email address: as-to@cultura.gov.it
(PEC address is: as-to@pec.cultura.gov.it)
If you haven't already read our previous posts here, read those before you send the email.
Best to you with this.
Angela
-
ImWalkinHere!
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 12 Aug 2018, 19:43
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
Angela, MMogno,
Thank you so much for this helpful information! I have sent my email out. I will update this thread with any information--much appreciated!
Thank you so much for this helpful information! I have sent my email out. I will update this thread with any information--much appreciated!
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
Birth record #413 for a Luciano Lombardo, born in Caltanissetta on 16 July 1839. Father Michele, mother Calogera Cordaro.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 91/5KVMjBM
This Luciano Lombardo married Pasquala Scarantino in Caltanissetta on 6 June 1868. Record #77.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 00/5dA2Mgn
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 91/5KVMjBM
This Luciano Lombardo married Pasquala Scarantino in Caltanissetta on 6 June 1868. Record #77.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 00/5dA2Mgn
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
ImWalkinHere!
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 12 Aug 2018, 19:43
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
Just an update--Torino seems to be the correct place to look. Caltanissetta came back to me saying they only had a birth certificate and liste di leva document.
Will update when Torino responds to my email.
Will update when Torino responds to my email.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Researching my 1866 Campaign Greatx2 grandfather
Thanks for the update. Hopefully you'll hear back from Torino soon.ImWalkinHere! wrote: 11 Aug 2026, 17:19 Just an update--Torino seems to be the correct place to look. Caltanissetta came back to me saying they only had a birth certificate and liste di leva document.
Will update when Torino responds to my email.
Angela