Im having a hard time finding records for my ancestors in Italy.
I have attached the birth certificate for my primary ancestor of interest, Antonia Zanin, along with her parents' marriage certificate. I would also like to find:
- Baptismal certificates for Antonia (or her siblings, I know of a brother named Battista) and her parents to identify and visit their churches.
- Property records indicating where her parents owned land. From discussions with relatives I am told Antonia grew up in a village named Stroppari, but I have no official documents supporting this.
- Grave locations for her parents, if they are buried in Italy.
Thank you in advance for any support you can or provide to me!
Zanin: Tezze/Stroparri
Zanin: Tezze/Stroparri
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Zanin: Tezze/Stroparri
UPDATE: I have located the actual birth, marriage, and death records on antenati.cultura.gov.it and have requested handwriting and translation assistance for Antonia’s birth record on another thread. I believe the addresses may be contained in those records. I would still love assistance with baptismal and grave searches if anyone is familiar with those tools.
-
williamcorlin
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 25 Jun 2026, 13:24
Re: Zanin: Tezze/Stroparri
I think the key to this search will be confirming the exact comune/frazione first. Stroppari is a frazione of Valbrenta, so I would check the civil records for the relevant comune and also look for parish registers associated with the local church.
1000games
For the baptismal records, the parish archives or Diocesan Archive of Vicenza may be worth contacting if the records aren't available online. Once you establish Antonia's exact birth and baptism location, you may also be able to locate her siblings, including Battista.
For property records, the Catasto and local land registry records could potentially identify property owned by Sante Zanin and Maria Bordignon. Death records or cemetery registers from the comune may also help with locating their graves.
I'd start by working backward from the marriage certificate and Antonia's birth record to establish the precise locations and dates, then use those details to approach the parish and archive. Good luck with your research!
1000games
For the baptismal records, the parish archives or Diocesan Archive of Vicenza may be worth contacting if the records aren't available online. Once you establish Antonia's exact birth and baptism location, you may also be able to locate her siblings, including Battista.
For property records, the Catasto and local land registry records could potentially identify property owned by Sante Zanin and Maria Bordignon. Death records or cemetery registers from the comune may also help with locating their graves.
I'd start by working backward from the marriage certificate and Antonia's birth record to establish the precise locations and dates, then use those details to approach the parish and archive. Good luck with your research!
Re: Zanin: Tezze/Stroparri
To avoid confusion it’s preferable to continue this discussion on one thread only.
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 10#p352710
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 10#p352710
Re: Zanin: Tezze/Stroparri
Understood. Thank you dry much for your help! I will take those steps!
I found the marriage record and death record for Maria Bordignon. I think I can tackle the death record translation, but I would love some help translating part of the marriage record (not all pages!) Would someone be willing to help me translate Page 140 and 142? Those pages contain no typed words and are the most difficult for me to understand. The typed words I can translate myself fairly confidently, but the hand writing is harder for me to decipher.
Marriage documents 1882 441.7 page 136-142 https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... YK?lang=en
Maria Bordignon( b. 1860 d. 2/15/1931 death record number 6 page 5 https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/0AxrZXg
I found the marriage record and death record for Maria Bordignon. I think I can tackle the death record translation, but I would love some help translating part of the marriage record (not all pages!) Would someone be willing to help me translate Page 140 and 142? Those pages contain no typed words and are the most difficult for me to understand. The typed words I can translate myself fairly confidently, but the hand writing is harder for me to decipher.
Marriage documents 1882 441.7 page 136-142 https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... YK?lang=en
Maria Bordignon( b. 1860 d. 2/15/1931 death record number 6 page 5 https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 88/0AxrZXg
Re: Zanin: Tezze/Stroparri
Tezze, Vicenza Province, November 30th, 1882.
Marriage banns between groom Sante Zannini, bachelor, peasant as job, born and living in Tezze, underage, son of the both living Sante and Bernardina Malessa(?), peasant as job, both living in that commune, and bride Maria Luigia Bordignon, maiden, peasant as job, born in Cittadella, living in Tezze, overage, son of the both living Angelo, peasant as job, and Veronica Bonaldo, peasant as job, both living in that Commune.
Marriage banns between groom Sante Zannini, bachelor, peasant as job, born and living in Tezze, underage, son of the both living Sante and Bernardina Malessa(?), peasant as job, both living in that commune, and bride Maria Luigia Bordignon, maiden, peasant as job, born in Cittadella, living in Tezze, overage, son of the both living Angelo, peasant as job, and Veronica Bonaldo, peasant as job, both living in that Commune.
Re: Zanin: Tezze/Stroparri
Tezze, February 16th, 1931 (11th year of the Fascist Era), record n° 6.
Death record of Maria Bordignon, deaceased on the day before (February 15th) at 2 o'clock pm, at her home in Via Stroppari n° 6, 70 years old, peasant as job, living in Tezze, born in Cittadella, daughter of the both deceased Angelo and Veronica Bonaldi, both peasants as job and living in Tezze when they were alive, wife of Sante Zanin.
Death record of Maria Bordignon, deaceased on the day before (February 15th) at 2 o'clock pm, at her home in Via Stroppari n° 6, 70 years old, peasant as job, living in Tezze, born in Cittadella, daughter of the both deceased Angelo and Veronica Bonaldi, both peasants as job and living in Tezze when they were alive, wife of Sante Zanin.
Re: Zanin: Tezze/Stroparri
Incredibile!!! I am so grateful to you, Danip. Thank you so very much for your assistance with translating the marriage document and death record for me.
-
williamcorlin
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 25 Jun 2026, 13:24
Re: Zanin: Tezze/Stroparri
That's a great breakthrough! Having Maria's death record list Via Stroppari n. 6 gives you a concrete location to connect the family to, and it lines up nicely with the family stories about them living in Stroppari.sports games
Now that you have the parents' names and the address, I'd suggest looking at the baptism registers for the parish that served Stroppari around the 1880s. Even if they're not digitized, you can contact the parish or the diocesan archive with the exact names and dates you've already gathered—they're much more likely to be able to locate the entries.
Please keep us posted if you uncover Antonia's baptism or Battista's records. It's always satisfying when the oral family history ends up being confirmed by the original documents. Good luck with the next stage of your research!
Now that you have the parents' names and the address, I'd suggest looking at the baptism registers for the parish that served Stroppari around the 1880s. Even if they're not digitized, you can contact the parish or the diocesan archive with the exact names and dates you've already gathered—they're much more likely to be able to locate the entries.
Please keep us posted if you uncover Antonia's baptism or Battista's records. It's always satisfying when the oral family history ends up being confirmed by the original documents. Good luck with the next stage of your research!

